• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 4-0 Watford - Verdict Thread

Watford obviously haven't watched howe've struggled against teams that press. They sat off and if you do that Neves and Moutinho are usually outstanding and they were tonight. Nice to put the game to bed so early as Watford deflated completely the moment the third went in. Oddly one of our most comfortable wins last season was at home to Hodgson's palace - looks like he still hasn't learnt that if you give our wingbacks acres we take advantage.

As others have said Neves, Moutinho and Boly excellent but my MOTM was Jonny. The only disappointment was Pod wasn't able to take advantage of Fourster's second half error - if he had it would have been up there with the best moments ever watching Wolves.

I couldn't see in the ground but what was the free kick given for from the corner where we put the ball in the net (obviously disallowed but couldn't see what for)

We really are a Jekyll and Hyde team. Watford looked as bad as we did on Sunday. We played some beautiful stuff tonight. If only we could find some consistency. Neves my MOTM, but many had a good game. Heartwarming to see Jonny back to his brilliant best. Even more heartwarming to see Foster having a mare for 90 minutes. Such a shame we didn't make it 5.

Pretty obvious that was going to happen seeing as I couldn’t make it. Still managed to watch the whole game though and enjoyed every second.
Same here. I had tickets to the original tie but couldn't make it tonight. Typical.

A dreadful decision. Some finish too.
Don't understand why it didn't make the highlights real. I'll hopefully see it on the extended one, felt a tit for jumping up.

It just looked odd as the free kick was outside the box, meh.

I didn't celebrate Jimenezs goal as I was sure he was offside, didn't see the watford lad playing him on, madness

Was out whilst it was was on, but seen the highlights.

Satisfying after Saturdays performance & Neves goal is a thing of beauty

MOTM Jonny

Moment of the match, his pull down from a hoof upfield just before halftime. If that had been Messi, Ronaldo people would have been drooling over it for weeks

Goal of the game Neves. X rated thing of beauty and not suitable for viewing for people under 18

Boly was imperious

Great result and need to now keep that level of intensity and consistency for the remaining games

Boly and Jonny. It was like getting the band back together. Its 200 miles to Chicago, its the middle of the night and I am wearing shades. Maybe we are on a mission from God.

Thoroughly enjoyable evening.

As the game was won after 20 minutes, I spent the next 70 odd just watching Neves...sublime

Watford were awful and didn't press us at all, which given Hodgson is normally tactically spot on was very strange. We took advantage though and good on us. I could pick holes in a thing or 2 attacking wise, but that would be churlish.

Jonny was fantastic, as good as he's ever been and looks even more comfortable on the right. Boly untroubled.

Back