• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves - QPR Matchday thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I'll get absolutely pelted for this but in what I've been able to see this year I don't think Ruddy has been that big an upgrade on Ikeme (accepting I rate Ikeme much more highly than most here).

Sorry Alan - that's absolute nonsense.

Well that wasnt the relaxing 2nd half I hoped for but I loved MGW's cameo and we really should have got a third. Another 3 points in the bag a few shakey moments from Ruddy but he's still light-years ahead of our previous options. MOTM Boly for me he was everywhere.

Sorry Alan - that's absolute nonsense.

Like I say, can only base on what I've been able to see. Ruddy's the better keeper, certainly, but in my eyes only does kicking better consistently.

Bit moot as it's not as if either he or Carl will be around long term IMO.

Ruddys better than Ikeme but he was shite today. So many errors despite being under zero pressure

I know I'll get absolutely pelted for this but in what I've been able to see this year I don't think Ruddy has been that big an upgrade on Ikeme (accepting I rate Ikeme much more highly than most here).

He's an upgrade on Ikeme & has done a great job for us this season; but we'll still upgrade him in the summer.

He's an upgrade on Ikeme & has done a great job for us this season; but we'll still upgrade him in the summer.

Would really like to see Will Norris given a chance to be the upgrade for part of this season

Sounds like Afobe could have sealed it for us. Nevertheless, a good win as those directly below us didn't

Would really like to see Will Norris given a chance to be the upgrade for part of this season

I've said it on the USA FB page but I think Norris and the new Danish lad will be given an opportunity for the #1 shirt this summer before we look at buying someone new. If neither of them claim it with authority in preseason then I bet we could easily go shopping.

One excellent piece of last-ditch defending from Bennett prevented the 2-2. Have to say I was impressed by that.

Afobes touch let him down a few times but he made some good runs and got into good goal scoring positions. He needs to stick a few in sooner rather than later though if he wants to start.

Nuno doesn't seem to tolerate dodgy performances. Baath and Miranda have both been left out after less than convincing performances. If Ruddy has been a bit dodgy I could easily see Norris starting.

Incidentally, sounds like Bennett is becoming a very accomplished centre back

Bennett has been superb this season. Coady as well, sounds like he had a good game again today.

Coady mopped and swept up very well again. Bennett was very good too. Boly had a couple of lax moments by his high standards but was still more than decent.

QPR fans seem to feel that they were unlucky not to a nick point here after a poor first half but much better second half. Really don't seem to like their manager.

We were totally dominant in the first half but were too lax at times in the second. Got away with it but I imagine Nuno will be looking to correct it straight away. On another positive note, Neves didn't get booked so he will be free to play against Preston which I am going to.

QPR fans seem to feel that they were unlucky not to a nick point here after a poor first half but much better second half. Really don't seem to like their manager.

We were totally dominant in the first half but were too lax at times in the second. Got away with it but I imagine Nuno will be looking to correct it straight away. On another positive note, Neves didn't get booked so he will be free to play against Preston which I am going to.
They should have been 2 up in the first 5 minutes.
Thought Holloway did well to change it up 2nd half, he nullified our midfield but we didn't help by giving the ball away umpteen times.
Afobe's has still got a terrible first touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back