• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves v Leeds build up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm late to this term of endearment thing, but I can add that north of Porthmadog into Caernarfon and Bangor the term used there is iawn cwnt (Yao n and yea the second word means what you think it does, w is used for u) dunno why, even more confusing that cwntaf means first

reading these last few pages is hurting my head I can't decipher what the hell is going on

A study of English and now Welsh dialects. You think your head hurts now. If you ever get over for a match we will have to find someone to speak to you in Gornalese. I think it probably is in the same language family as English but definitely a distant relative.

This thread reminded me of this, I found it so funny, just wait until the end

From my extensive knowledge of Yorkshiremen every sentence should have the phrase 'can't be done' in it also should be first and second hafe and every answer should end in love or duck
No way is it 'Duck' in Yorkshire. 'Luv' definitely.

'Duck' used in North Staffordshire, Notts and Derbyshire.

I've had to reassure Mrs DW that I'm not adopted, I just don't sound anything like the rest of my family.

Interviewer, "Nuno, how was that performance?" "Bostin' arr kid, just bostin'..."

'Gradely' is a word I like when I slip into West Yorkshire mode. Which I do quite frequent as t'wife were born in t'next village to Geoffrey Boycott.
And road, let's hope it's 'champion, proper champion' tonight...

No need to split hairs, you all talk funny up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back