• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves v Watford (H) - Boxing Day, Build up

The fact I've had an email 5 mins before this announcement trying to get me to buy a ticket for this game is absolutely ridiculous. I know it's probably automated but they'd have known it's in doubt so just pause the campaign. Absolute amateurs.

What annoys me is we are very publicly triple vaxxed, to a man.

They've fucked up so if you can't play then we'll have our points, please. We're ready.

I'm of the opinion that as long as they have 14 players above 18 they should play and in 100% sure they will have. Derby had to in the fa cup so the precedent is there.

FFS I'm cursed I tell you!

Really pisses me off, how many players have watford got who are vaccinated, game shoukd be forfeited and us awarded a 3 nil win

Doesn't stop Wolves players catching it just because they're vaccinated.

But we've taken every single precaution possible and it wasn't us that asked for the game to be cancelled.

This is the GCSE equivalent of "why didn't you do your coursework? 'I couldn't be arsed'".

They don't really have a leg to stand on here, I hope we do ask the PL to give us a win. Their "outbreak" was over 10 days ago, we're told they've closed their training ground etc down, what on earth is going on there?

Oh by the way Ismaila Sarr was injured anyway for this game, just a random snippet of news there.

Bugger. Any other alternative suggestions for Boxing Day to "escape" the inlaws?

It would be just typical of our luck too if by the time we play the fixture we have a key player injured or suspended who would have been available had we played on Boxing Day

It would be just typical of our luck too if by the time we play the fixture we have a key player injured or suspended who would have been available had we played on Boxing Day
Knowing our luck, the squad will get hit by COVID just before the makeup game and we’ll somehow be forced into forfeiting ourselves…

Knowing our luck, the squad will get hit by COVID just before the makeup game and we’ll somehow be forced into forfeiting ourselves…
This is getting a bit Pythonesque - “we’re so unlucky….”

Agree that unvaxxed players should be considered as an avoidable loss and count to the 14 needed to be available for the game to go ahead.

Last edited:
It's bloody frustrating for a number of reasons. I was really looking forward to the game on boxing day and taking my boys.

I would also be in considerable credit after cooking for the outlaws on Xmas day and was planning on meeting a mate after the game for a few Xmas ales, the only really opportunity this Xmas break.

Grrr yet another reason to hate watford.

Without knowing who has got it and what their vaccination status is this “blame game” is a bit stupid.

I know more people who have had it in the last few weeks than have had It in the entirety of the pandemic, all fully vaccinated.

It’s shit, I don’t understand how they are still having issues when they’ve had over 10 days off and the rules are 7 anyway…

But I’m not going to just instantly assume it’s because they haven’t been vaccinated.

Back