• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

WWE/WWF

Have chair shots been banned as well. ?

I used to love Terry Funk and Mick Foley in barbed wire matches..

Chair shots to the head are banned because of the damage they actually cause (concussions etc)

Many a time i recreated the beer can smashing thing in my early days of drinking, happy days.

you mean you would get 2 cans of beer and say "mark 3:16 says I just wooped your ass" then smash two cans of beer together and then have a good time?

If so I'm buying you 2 beers.

Nice leeds. If he was part of that amazing crowd at the Izod arena he needs to give himself a pat on the back. The crowd was nuts and is one of the best of all time.

Loved the crowd on Raw. I was cracking up through most of it.

Loved the crowd on Raw. I was cracking up through most of it.

It's the chants in the Sheamus match that cracked me up. Randy Orton looked so pissed off with it.

you mean you would get 2 cans of beer and say "mark 3:16 says I just wooped your ass" then smash two cans of beer together and then have a good time?

If so I'm buying you 2 beers.

Maybe 7 years ago James, though I'm sure I'll do it again before my days end.

Most definitely this.

Can't belive they've banned chair shots either.

It went PG didn't it. I remember Vince McMahon saying that going PG could kill the franchise eventually. Every fan loves a chair shot, barbed wire, pin tacks and lots of blood. It really is dumbed down and sh1t these days. I watched it lst week for the first time in ages and turned it off within 30 minutes.

Catch glimspes of TNA every so often (don't have Sky) and can't believe how bad it is. I always enjoyed the actual build up and behind the scenes nonsense more than the actual matches.

Stone Cold, E&C and Y2J were always my favourites, maybe it's because I'm older that I no longer enjoy it as much, but there are a distinct lack of personalities these days.

I only watched the promos myself. One of my favour ever was the skit where Austin was stalking McMahon, he broke into his house with a shotgun, made Vinnie piss his pants with a gun to his head and the famous hospital scene were Austin smacked Vinnie over the head with a bedpan. Brilliant skits.

Two greaqt personalities and both served their time doing hardcore before being signed by McMahon. TBF what spoiled the 'sport' for me was when WWE swallowed up WCW and ECW twhich meant that he roster became too big and IMO ECW was far better than the other two (plenty of chair shots, Singapore cans, wire and the like). As for the lamentable Austin with his beer cans (Bud Lite).......................... ECW's Sandman used to wrestle with a couple of cans at the ready in his trackpants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to resurface the thread.

Just like to add the Man that played Doink the Clown, Matt Osborne has died aged 56.

I will always remember him as Evil Doink and is possibly one of my earliest wrestling memories because even as a heel he was funny and the entrance music was just creepy.

Doink%2Bthe%2BClown.jpg

R.I.P

Blimey Doink the Clown brings back some memories.

Sadly another good solid circuit wrestler fucked over by Vince MacMahon. TBF Osborne played the heel well. Why MacMahon decided to use the clown persona in ECW was baffling.

Mae Young has passed away at the age of 90.

She wrestled for over 70 years and even at nearly 80 she took a powerbomb through a table for our entertainment.

R.I.P But Vince McMahon made her an embarrassment towards the end of her career. The Mark Henry skit was the horriblest thing Ive ever seen on WWE.

R.I.P But Vince McMahon made her an embarrassment towards the end of her career. The Mark Henry skit was the horriblest thing Ive ever seen on WWE.

Agreed, the whole hand thing was a joke, that came from Vince Russo (the man that killed WCW). McMahon should have put his foot down and told him to piss off. The worst thing in WWE was the Katie Vick story line with Kane and Triple H. I think from 2004 onwards Vince did some good things with her and at 83 she still wanted take a stone cold stunner.

I used to watch during the Attitude era. I've been watching some of the old shows on Youtube recently, reliving my teenage years. The last PPV I watched was Wrestlemania 17. I stopped watching after that because once they bought WCW, it wasn't the same. They had no competition and it just wasn't as good IMO.

WcW was trash though after 1999, Wrestlemania 17 was the best PPV the WWE has ever produced. So you stopped at a good time

Back