• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bournemouth Away 23/2

thought we were poor today. they gave us little time on the ball and thought Neves was far too deep, pitch seemed quite small for some reason. we pressed them especially first half without getting a really good shot on target. pity late on when Adama put a cross in heading right for Raul but Doc jumped in front and glanced it wide. some days these games are going to happen, but most of the game when camera went to Nuno, he was furious.
lets take it out on Hudds and Cardiff now

Don't think we were quite on it today and purely on open play, a draw was probably fair.

However.

Bournemouth's first pen is a dive and Moutinho got the ball anyway.
Mepham handball is nailed on pen.
Lerma elbow is red card.
Smith probably should get a second yellow for his challenge to give away the pen.
Bournemouth's second pen is outside the box.
Gosling may have been a red at the end.

So in summary, congrats Roger East on possibly the worst refereeing performance in Prem history.

Like I said though, we also weren't that great. Credit Cav and Traore for both being a threat when coming on.

4 points out of six against that fuckhole of a tiny pathetic club. So all is not bad. Shame they can't go down this season.

a point made recently is how teams let Bennett receive the ball and then press his options, resulting in a turnover. a good defender but needs to work on his passing.

a point made recently is how teams let Bennett receive the ball and then press his options, resulting in a turnover. a good defender but needs to work on his passing.

Did make one crossfield raking pass in the second half - which he wasn't doing at the start of the season. He is improving that side of his game.

I only managed to catch the second half, but thought we looked disappointingly second best against a side I was expecting us to outclass - well, they have no class except Aké, but to outplay comfortably. Nuno was spitting feathers, and rightly so. (Those commentators really wanted Boreoff to win, didn't they?) Still six points from the next two banana skins and all will be well again.

Did make one crossfield raking pass in the second half - which he wasn't doing at the start of the season. He is improving that side of his game.

In all fairness though, it landed on Clynes head and they got possession. Thought his defending today was fantastic though, was immmense in the air.

agreed that Ake was MoM. wouldn't mind us trying to get him during the summer.

I think that actually is the worst refereeing performance I've ever seen in a Wolves game. He got practically everything wrong.

The first half decisions riled us and from there we were never quite on it. Could quite easily have lost but we don't give in.

Traore was good when he came on. Boly great near the end when all hell was breaking loose.

agreed that Ake was MoM. wouldn't mind us trying to get him during the summer.
Chelsea have a buyback clause, unless they actually do get banned from signing players this summer (unlikely) then he'll go back there.

Another dodgy kick from Rui putting us in the shit today too. Happening far too much now.

Decent save to make up for it though...

If Mike Riley (PLGMO) has any sense at all, that will be the last PL game that Roger East will ever referee. And as a former assessor, I try to support referees! Both Bournemouth penalties should not have been given and ours was not a stone-wall penalty at all. Also, Smith who clattered into DOcherty after he had taken the shot should have been given a second yellow. And Lerma's foul on Moutinho was a clear red, with Gosling's foul on Neves potentially a red. What an absolutely pathetic refereeing performance!

I want to hear Shearers view of East on tonights MOTD. I reckon he crucifies him. Deservedly.

Just seen this quote from Nuno on the BbC re Moutinho getting elbowed.
Joao Moutinho is bleeding heavily from his mouth," added Nuno. "He was not happy at all, and when a short man is angry it's tough."

Conjures up some great pictures. Why am In thinking about Jinky here?

How the fuck was that pen on Fraser given...outside clearly

Dont wanna get into the debate on red cards again but..i have seen like 10-20 worse tackles after Boly was sent off away to City that was just shown yellow or nothing at all..baffling stuff

first pen he was already on the way down before the contact, diving jackass. thought traore had a good appearance. cav was doing pretty well in possession but then would shank the final pass, kind of a bummer to see him not get a little more out of a sub where he looked he could make something happen. No one else really standing out, pretty middling performance all around. Ake unfortunately had a fantastic game, King looked dangerous.

shameful the way Moutinho was being booed after his foul. he was elbowed in the jaw, visibly bleeding from the mouth, and had to go through multiple gauze pads with the physio while down. fuck off you twats.

referring was just... well not good, was it? do you think that's a fair thing to say? :icon_lol:

i have seen like 10-20 worse tackles after Boly was sent off away to City that was just shown yellow or nothing at all..baffling stuff

That would be in the hundreds, Boly's was a fucking brilliant tackle. We've been on the end of a countless bad decisions this season and it seems to be getting worse instead of better, today took the biscuit by a country mile though.

Back