• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brentford (A): Build-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score
So, does the cup game give Nuno any selection posers, or does the usual XI come straight back in? I guess if Douglas still has his knock then Vinagre would have no problem coming in.

I'd personally like to see Cavaleiro come in for Bright but I don't think Nuno will drop him.

I think we might see Marshall come onto the bench at Graham's expense. Though I guess he could also be given a couple of U23 games just as easily.

------------------ Ruddy -----------------

------- Miranda - Coady - Boly ---------

Doherty ---- Saiss - Neves ---- Douglas

-------- Bright ------------ Jota ---------

---------------- Bonatini ------------------

Subs:

Norris
Batth
Bennett
Price
Ronan
Cavaleiro
Dicko

Can't see Marshall getting on the bench just yet.

Ivan for Bright is the only change I think will probably happen.

Pretty much bet Tim II will put Batth in for Miranda when he predicts his team

Marshall shouldn't be there yet - needs a few full 90 mins with the U23s as last night he was in no way up to speed.

Might also consider Zyro instead of Dicko on the bench - though that he looked sharper when he came on

I don't mind Cav on the bench for now. Gives him a bit of protection; we wouldn't want both him and Costa injured. Also, starting gives Bright confidence to fulfil the promise he's showing.

I reckon Nuno will blame himself rather than the players for Saturday's result and give them all another go, hopefully with a Plan B this time.

I think I'd like to see Cav + Jota start this game, bringing on Bright 2nd half to cause trouble.

Would love to have someone else at RWB instead of Doherty after last game, but there isn't really anyone yet.

Don't want to see Batth despite his goal BUT I have a feeling Spiers might be right if he puts it.

I think if Marshall is getting 45 minutes in the cup he's definitely getting a place on the bench.
I also think Dicko needs dropping altogether now, especially if someone comes in before then.

Bright isn't getting dropped (and shouldn't be anyway). It's boring, but it'll be the same team.

Bright isn't getting dropped (and shouldn't be anyway). It's boring, but it'll be the same team.

Agree. Think it'll be same XI if they're all fit.

Might change it up after the international break.

Hopefully Douglas OK as there were pictures of him in a protective boot after Saturday. If he's not then more than happy with Vinagre instead - was my MoTM last night along with Ronan, though he shades it as the latter was only on for the second half

Hopefully Douglas OK as there were pictures of him in a protective boot after Saturday. If he's not then more than happy with Vinagre instead - was my MoTM last night along with Ronan, though he shades it as the latter was only on for the second half

Standard procedure these days after a knock. Neves had one on after Salop kicked fuck out of him.

There is a hell of a lot to come from Bright attacking wise. The improvement under Nuno from last season is astounding.

You're probably right but I do think Cavaleiro deserves a start. Bright should be more of a squad player than a starter this year anyway and probably will be once Costa is back.

Looking at Brentford forums they are either over confidant (60%) or expecting a very hard afternoon (40%) & would take a point now.

They are a side who usually try to play football unlike the Cardiff game so should suit us better. Ambivalent as to whether Cav comes in for either of Bonatini or Bright (either of which has been suggested) - not sure that I would change anything else from the Cardiff game unless there are minor injury concerns

Brentford enjoyed kicking us at Molineux last season. Infact they broke Bod and he never recovered.....

Looks like they are scoring goals ok but struggling at the back. They've conceded at least two goals in all of their league games so far.

Our team for our 5th game in a year ago. (Lost 1-0 at Hudds)

1 Ikeme
16 Coady
18 Iorfa
6 Batth
2 Doherty
4 Edwards Substituted for Oniangué at 73'
19 Price
8 Saville Substituted for Costa at 61'
10 Mason
22 Bödvarsson
12 Wallace Substituted for Teixeira at 45'

Those of you who have put up with my rantings on here for a while know that I have 2 pet themes. Ex players, especially shite forwards, who manage to score against us more often than not and the second is losing to teams in and around the bottom 3. See Wigan Bolton, Burton for recent examples. So today is a potential banana skin.No wolves manager in history won their first 4 away games. I see this as a tough test. Happy , no ecstatic if we win. Win take a scuffy 1 nil but would love a great performance and a win by a couple.

I've only just seen that Ryan woods and his psrtner's baby died a few weeks ago, horrible stuff. I hadn't realised he had been missing these past few games

They've got Jota, Woods, Canos al coming back in possibly, so hopefully they aren't completely galvanised following a good win in the cup. It would be great to go into the break with 4 wins out of 5 in the league

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back