• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bristol City (H) build up

Edwards has played RB before. Did well there

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Team will be the same imo. I think Price is in for Saiss now from reading between the lines of what Lambert has said recently about pressing when we haven't got the ball. Coady is never a right back but Iorfa was so out of form someone else had to play there, it won't be long though before a winger absolutely tears him one. We all still realise we need a better left back but we haven't got one right now so Doherty will stay there, not a fan of Hause playing there in this league. Plan should be to get it to the front 4 again and let them do their stuff, more than capable of beating Bristol City if we do.

Why not? He's mobile, can tackle, decent awareness, bags of energy to get up and down

Would be surprised if Lambert changes the team from Forest, a good win and didn't play badly so why would he.......yes I know Forest were shit but you can only play whats in front of you.

Well, anything is possible with this team.. Should be better than coady at RB anyway

We will have had over a week to recover so would not expect much in the way of changes

Hopefully Bright gets another game as he's shown enough to indicate that with a run in that position he can become influential

Interesting team if you did play Dave at right back

Ikeme
Edwards Batth Stearman Doherty

Price Saiss

Costa Bright Cavelero

Dicko

Dave can't tackle and has the pace of a lame donkey, why would he play RB?

He played there in the second half against Tranmere away in league 1. Stearman got sent off and Ebanks-Landell injured in first half. His own first half performance was the worst individual performance I'd seen from a professional footballer. McDonald literally played on his own in the middle until we moved Jacobs there and Dave to right back. He was pretty shit at right back but he got the equaliser!

You know how I mentioned in today's blog about how Doyle looked exactly the same player regardless of what division you put him in? Dave is the same. Put him in the Conference South and he wouldn't run games or look like the best player on the pitch like a normal Championship midfielder would, he'd do exactly what he does for us now.

Anyway can we stop talking about playing him at RB, it's making me feel ill. I already have to deal with Doherty on the other side.

We're in a bit of a state in both fullback roles, we don't seem to have a reasonable option there. Silvio is fucked, Cbj is either not very good or just can't be arsed, Doherty is........well Doherty, Hause can do a job there but has been mostly poor this season, Coady is just a stopgap, I think Stearman is currently our best option at RB which is a concern.

I think midfielders make better fullbacks than centre backs generally. The attributes required I think are closer to that of a midfielder than that of a CB. If your CB is a footballer then it's a bit different.

Anyway,

Ikeme
Iorfa Baath Stears Doc
Saiss Price
Costs Bright Cav
Dicko

Presuming that Dicko starts, if he again fails to score will it be time to give Bod another chance?

Presuming that Dicko starts, if he again fails to score will it be time to give Bod another chance?

Swap one none scoring striker for another. People argue, rightly so, strikers cannot score without any service- both have had a few chances to score in the games they have played without doing so.

With our defence being so leaky anyway, would be nice to try out Dicko and Bod up top, with our wide players coming inside to help our cm's out when needed. Would like to try it when not playing top 6 teams to score more goals

Depends. If he isnt performing well then he is at risk. If he is part of a decent attacking 3 or 4 and is involved then he will stay in the team.

Next time we will probably see Bod start will be in the Rest Your Players Cup 3rd Round.

Bod proved himself in August, but he ran out of steam.

It is not surprising considering that it has now been revealed that because of the teams he has played for and their different league requirements, that he hasn't had a break for over two years. Everybody needs a break to re-charge their batteries.

The dynamic way he plays and the crudity of the tackles and poor protection from referees in the Championship have taken its toll, so IMO Paul Lambert will need to manage Bod sympathetically for the rest of the season.

I'm surprised we didn't just tell him to go somewhere warm for a couple of weeks, we could have coped and it would have done him loads of good.

Back