• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Crystal Palace (A) 18/10: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being able to get away tickets is so difficult nowadays I’m really looking forward to this one.
Hoping for the best but fearing the worst (and about a ten hour round trip too).
Have never seen us win at Selhurst but there’s always a first.

An interesting article I found on corners, seems like a fair percentage of goals come from corners, although the conversion rate is probably a much lower percentage.

Being able to get away tickets is so difficult nowadays I’m really looking forward to this one.
Hoping for the best but fearing the worst (and about a ten hour round trip too).
Have never seen us win at Selhurst but there’s always a first time
I've been to Selhurst a number of times [although I think Mick was still in charge the last time] but every time it's seemed like my choice of transport has been wrong. I was planning to drive to Highbury & Islington and then get the overground train to Norwood Junction. Any better ideas/advice from anyone travelling down please or the likes of Young Wolf who live 'locally'?

I've been to Selhurst a number of times [although I think Mick was still in charge the last time] but every time it's seemed like my choice of transport has been wrong. I was planning to drive to Highbury & Islington and then get the overground train to Norwood Junction. Any better ideas/advice from anyone travelling down please or the likes of Young Wolf who live 'locally'?
My advice would be to not drive into the city - the Overground is a lot slower than Thameslink because it has a lot more stops, and Norwood Junction is on the fast TL line direct to Bedford. If you head to Luton and park up there it's another hour on the train down to NJ, it takes that long for H&I to NJ despite a much shorter distance. Match should be over before the final direct return train too but check the timetables, you might have to change at London Bridge, either way it should save a lot of driving time.

Yeah, I would have to travel from Highbury to get there (got work :( ) and it's quite a slow journey! If you can get Thameslink in from somewhere makes sense. As KO is later definitely check the last train though!!

I'd be starting Costa tonight, assuming he's feeling alright. I understand the games are coming thick & fast and he lasted 80 minutes v Forest, but I'd rather have him lead the line for 60 minutes than the alternatives.

It will be good to have Collins back as Toti looked nervous at the weekend and also looked like he had a clanger in him. Wouldn't mind giving Boubacar a start too.

Costa to start as well for me - he'll get plenty of rest when the World Cup is on , he can get fit then .

Collins should improve things , but needs to keep his concentration for the full 90 minutes .

Adama has to start from now on . Anything good that we do - he is right in the middle of it .

Boubacar , he'll get a start in the League Cup for certain , would like to see him coming on sooner .

Ronan seems to have disappeared off the bench now as well .

I thought there was definitely an extra spirit in the team the last day , until the last 20 minutes that is . We're getting players in the box , creating more and there definitely is more urgency in what they are doing .
We'll need all that tonight , tough getting anything from Selhurst .

If we had another striker I'd rest him, we don't so he'll have to play. Hwang, Guedes and Podence just aren't options. I would rather play Nathan Fraser than any of them in that role.

Went to that one. Corica was then brilliant at home to Man City when we duffed them 3-0. Finally, it's all clicked!

Or not.

Hope that keeper is for them tonight. Fooks sake man, what are you playing at

One of my first away games and my first trip on a Wolves away travel coach. Corica was unplayable in the first half, never saw anything like it from him before or after.

An interesting article I found on corners, seems like a fair percentage of goals come from corners, although the conversion rate is probably a much lower percentage.

I enjoyed that, although it does back up my bias and thinking on how I liked to coach! You see the comment "crap at crossing" a lot around here and I think that is far too simplified a statement. Also a successful corner isn't just one that finds a team mate I would also counter, as a set piece in particular is dynamic and you might put the ball where required by an attacking player is beaten to it etc.

Still a good read.

Amazon have a whole 1 hour 15 mins build-up to this

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: b3h
In
Semedo
Kinder
Collins
B Traore

Out
Jonny
RAN
Moutinho
Toti

Wolves: Sa, Semedo, Collins, Kilman, Bueno, Neves, Traore, Nunes, Adama, Costa, Podence.

Subs: Sarkic, Jonny, Mosquera, Ronan, Hodge, Moutinho, Campbell, Guedes, Hwang.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back