• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

England World Cup Squad

Sterling, lallana, alli, redmond, gray, murphy bros, grealish among others

Redmond really isn't very good. Saints fans hate him.

I like Gray. The others nowhere near good enough but we have plenty of good attacking talent

Hopefully Sancho gets a run of games at Dortmund again now he is fit. He’s brilliant. Hudson-Odoi too at Chelsea

I've raised the question before. Name me the Championship clubs (let alone Premier League) who would possibly view Gareth Southgate as an upgrade on their current manager. Probably count them on the fingers of one hand.

To me Southgate is the classic yes man for the FA. Nothing more than that. Tactically inept, inflexible with players, full of media soundbites and wil;l have a list of excuses already written for why we are shit at the world cup or a list of reasons why he and his team are the only reasons why we did well. Mans an absolute prick.

I still can't believe we are heading to a World Cup with Southgate as manager.

I'm torn between wanting England to do well and dreading that we fluke a Wales/Coleman style run to the knockout stages and he ends up being seen as a half decent manager. I don't think I need to worry too much about that though judging by the players he is planning to pick.

I've raised the question before. Name me the Championship clubs (let alone Premier League) who would possibly view Gareth Southgate as an upgrade on their current manager. Probably count them on the fingers of one hand.

I think you're right. If you added his name to the potential list of Reading managers, it really isn't a stand out. And that list includes Steve Cotterill, Nigel Pearson, Phil Parkinson. With the exception of Cotterill who is just a berk, I wouldn't put Southgate in a higher class than the others.

Southgate is about as exciting and inspiring as Ryvita.

Our 'squad' is shit, but our starting 11 has some potential (if Kane is fit). The problem is, with Southgate in charge, we won't get anywhere near our potential best.

I doubt I'll watch it. I don't have any interest in it any more which is a bit sad really.

There is some potential in the first XI with the likes of Kane, Alli, Sterling, Stones, Walker to have a pretty good side. As Jinky has said (urgh, agreeing with Jinky) the squad is awful. I can't remember a time when we have had such poor quality in the centre of midfield. Oh for the days of the Gerrard/Lampard/Scholes conundrum

For the uninitiated, what formation does Southgate prefer? There *must* be some English CMs around who are better than Jake Livermore.

He's committed to going three at the back already.

In view of that I think we'd be better going with three in midfield and two up top. We'll probably actually go 3-4-2-1, so it'll be a midfield pair.

Dier and Henderson will likely be first pick in CM which equals zero creativity.

Back