• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ex-Wolf Watch

Went to a superb evening at Stourbridge FC a few months back with Matt Murray and Mick McCarthy.

Mick did not hold back on his thoughts on Bothroyd :ROFLMAO:

You'd think that consumed by rage at his awful treatment, Bothroyd would have been fired up to prove Mick wrong the next time he came to Molineux and show just what a poor decision it was to sell him. Put in a real serious shift and show his sheer quality.

Or go off after half an hour with a fake injury, I forget which, my memory isn't too good.

Just spotted that Botafogo have got rid of Elvis in Vegas Costa. Thankfully we didn't go along with the bit of noise (and there was some) to keep him on for another year.

Hard to believe he was only 34 when he played for us. He looked and performed like someone at least 5 years older.

He was linked with Salernitana the other week as a potential replacement for none other than Boulaye Dia

I wouldn't have been all that bothered if he stuck around. He wouldn't be contributing much on the pitch this season, though.

Easy for me to say, I ain't paying his wages either way.

Reactions: b3h
It's a shame with Costa, his mind was present but his body wasn't. No lack of effort just completely finished. When he signed I genuinely thought he'd skulk about picking up 6 months pension credit. He seemed to genuinely try and integrate with the squad etc. Some players fall off a cliff at a certain age, no shame in that.

Absolutely the time to go.

Didn't mind Weimann for us, he did at least try, Lambo's tactics neutered what he's good at. I was quite comfortable with us not buying him though even at what would have been a low-ish fee. He wouldn't have done for us what Leo did before Christmas in 2017/18.

It's a shame with Costa, his mind was present but his body wasn't. No lack of effort just completely finished. When he signed I genuinely thought he'd skulk about picking up 6 months pension credit. He seemed to genuinely try and integrate with the squad etc. Some players fall off a cliff at a certain age, no shame in that.

Absolutely the time to go.
Its a shame as I always liked DC and loved seeing him in a Wolves shirt and his attitude was spot on

Fletcher on the mark again for Wrexham, he must look ridiculously good in that league even at his age

Fletcher never relied on his pace so as long as he stays fit he should be able to play for a while yet. Always baffled me that he left us for Sunderland rather than a team higher up the league as he was a very talented player.

Back