• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ex-Wolf Watch

We weren't rubbish. Uninspiring for sure, but not rubbish.

Got to hand it to Morgan Gibbs-White, he looks a very good player now. I think I hate Lage more for not using him meaning he left, despite the ridiculous fee.
He's frustrating to watch. Plenty of quality and his decision making is good but he loves a pointless flick and stepover.

He's also a petulant bellend on the pitch. Not a likable player at all.

Yep, Nuno screwed him over, brought him back from Swansea to not play him. Probably the right thing for Wolves, not for the player though. I think after that it was only a matter of time until he was off

Ah yes of course. I forgot about the pointless recall from Swansea - was somebody injured?

Ah yes of course. I forgot about the pointless recall from Swansea - was somebody injured?
It was the Raul injury season. Our bench on the 2nd of Jan was Kilman, Otasowie, Ruddy, Sondergaard, Cundle, Corbeanu, Richards, Perry, so from the clubs perspective it was a no brainer to bring him back

Also got Cutrone back....and after a couple of games decided to send him in on his way again.

After the Chorley 'performance' I don't think they had much choice
He wasn't on his own that day but it was a shocker. Not sure if he knew he was back on his way or not before that game.

He's frustrating to watch. Plenty of quality and his decision making is good but he loves a pointless flick and stepover.

He's also a petulant bellend on the pitch. Not a likable player at all.

All fair comments - I suppose a bit like a Podence but with slightly more end product.

In other news, nice to see Raul back on the scoresheet yesterday.

Didn't Karl basically say most refs are shite and on a powertrip, and that more ex-pros should be recruited to run the game because they "understand it"?

In other news, Keith Curle has turned 59 today. Yes, we're all getting old.

Pretty sure Ally Robertson is the oldest I've ever seen for Wolves. Still going strong at 71.

Emlyn Hughes would be 76, Derek Parkin at 75 the oldest still alive for me I think

Jim McCalliog, 77; Bernard Shaw, 78; Mike Bailey 81 - quite a few of the early-1970s players still around.

Phil Parkes is 76, seems like quite a few of my childhood heroes are still going strong.

Back