• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ex-Wolf Watch

Geoff Palmer played in the first game I attended. Regarding Wolves players still with us then John McAlle and John Richards are the oldest that featured in my first game. Alan Ball featured for the opposition so I got to see one of the Boys Of 66 though can remember nothing about the game. Finished 0-0

Geoff Palmer played in the first game I attended. Regarding Wolves players still with us then John McAlle and John Richards are the oldest that featured in my first game. Alan Ball featured for the opposition so I got to see one of the Boys Of 66 though can remember nothing about the game. Finished 0-0
Dunno if it was the same game but my first game (probably) featured Alan Ball playing for Everton.

This thread has sent me down a rabbit hole, but it looks like there's enough players left from the early 70s to put a half decent first 11 out.

Peter daniel lived 2 doors down from me when I was a nipper. 67 now.

I've seen Tommy Hutchinson play against Wolves for Swansea, he's 76 now.
I played against him in derek parkin's testimonial .
I chased him all game and finally put the fucker in the crowd, just before full time.
He shagged my bird in mallorca while she was on a girlies holiday, so no yellow card.

BullshitButton-main.220426.webp

Nope, it was a tv /radio team versus various players i seemed to remember retired players.
I was "the Poison Dwarf" on beacon radio at the time.
I played right back for tv radio, Hutchinson played left wing, and was so fucking fast and tricky it took me all game to catch the bastard.

Nope, it was a tv /radio team versus various players i seemed to remember retired players.
I was "the Poison Dwarf" on beacon radio at the time.
I played right back for tv radio, Hutchinson played left wing, and was so fucking fast and tricky it took me all game to catch the bastard.
Tbf you didn't lose much, she was a big lass

Attachments

• images.jpeg-3.jpg
    images.jpeg-3.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 21
If my memory serves me correctly he had to buy the whole Wolves side champagne after the 1980 League Cup final having declared that we wouldn’t have a chance against Forest.
A few years later he used to frequent a wine warehouse my sister was managing. She said he was a nice bloke. It didn’t stop me from chanting it though.

Back