• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ex-Wolf Watch

I was at both legs as well and it was two games that confirmed in my mind it would only be a matter of time before another promotion and us having games like this on a regular basis. How wrong I was.

I also recall the Bull/McGrath battle. This was peak Bull and it made me realise how good McGrath was.

MGW was getting lots of love on East Midlands today last night. A family who apparently live close to him had done banners and signs congratulating him and the Under 21's on their Euro success. He stopped his car when he went past, posed for pictures etc and then said he'd be back in two minutes. Came back with one of his England shirts and gave it to the family.

Hadn't realised that Jo Lescott was part of the coaching staff for the U21s Euros win. Good on him.

Still can't believe how weird BT's coverage was with him for the CL final though. Going on like he's some City die hard and lifelong fan. He played more games for us than them.

Hadn't realised that Jo Lescott was part of the coaching staff for the U21s Euros win. Good on him.

Still can't believe how weird BT's coverage was with him for the CL final though. Going on like he's some City die hard and lifelong fan. He played more games for us than them.
Isn't he a Villa fan?

Yes that was weird to watch. I had to double check how long he was there.

Forget who it was against, maybe one of the Cup games; Ruí or Coady knocked a diagonal out to him that came in high, and he chested it down with the defender (who I remember being quite a bit larger than Vinagre) draped all over him, and then in a single motion slid the ball down the touchline and shifted his balance such that the defender kind of slid off Vin and ended up on the turf. Then Vinagre set away at pace. Don't think we ended up scoring from the move, but yeah, at that point it seemed like he was as much a Championship player as Neves.

Alas, not always down to talent.

I may have this wrong, but in my head it felt like the stupid penalty he gave away against Torino away was the moment Nuno lost a lot of faith in him.

Not sure how many games he started after that, but I don't think it was many.

His first few games for us I thought he was absolutely the real deal. There were even Gareth Bale comparisons! (Not from me)
Same, genuinely thought he was an absolute steal when we got him permanently.

Still remember his red card against Swansea in the FA Cup, I was so far away from the pitch I was utterly convinced that Nathan Dyer dived!

Back