• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ex-Wolf Watch

I know it's meh, but Neves has won the Asian Champions League and will inevitably win the league title, 12 points clear 11 games left

Serious question: in a straight swap, who would swap Neves for João Gomes?
I wouldn't.
I'd like them both but that's not an option.

I know it's meh, but Neves has won the Asian Champions League and will inevitably win the league title, 12 points clear 11 games left
I still think it was a strange move . Can he improve out there as a player . . .no . .surely someone with ambition would be looking to improve themselves at his age .
It's not as if he was winding down .

I still think it was a strange move . Can he improve out there as a player . . .no . .surely someone with ambition would be looking to improve themselves at his age .
It's not as if he was winding down .
It was very transparent and he's admitted as such. He does what Mendes tells him.

Better in the tackle, more athletic, more mobile, up and down.
I do think too much pressure/emphasis was put on Ruben because of the situation the club/team was in. Great character shown by him for taking on that mantle, but we put him in shackles because of it.

I’m confused.

He’s gone, anyway.

Serious question: in a straight swap, who would swap Neves for João Gomes?
I wouldn't.
I'd like them both but that's not an option.
I think Neves would be great alongside Lemina.

Gomes is a different sort of player and I don't think Neves alongside Gomes would work as they are both deeper players who don't get forward as Lemina is capable of.

You're basically saying would I take £45m for Gomes, assuming Neves wanted to see his career out back at Wolves? The answer is a resounding yes.

Probably an unfair question by me. O'Neil has given players the chance to play and express themselves.

That essentially means that he does not have a mind of his own , totally controlled by a rich agent .
Why do you think he came to a lower mid table Championship side? Controlled is strong, heavily trusting probably fair.

Why do you think he came to a lower mid table Championship side? Controlled is strong, heavily trusting probably fair.
Because he was very young and could afford to gamble and get it wrong .
He's in his prime now , a time to kick on and continue his development . He'll learn nothing out there .
I'd love to see what role O Neil would have for him were he still here .

Because he was very young and could afford to gamble and get it wrong .
He's in his prime now , a time to kick on and continue his development . He'll learn nothing out there .
I'd love to see what role O Neil would have for him were he still here .
He's on £300kpw. That's where is begins and ends as a discussion really from his perspective. He's already said he's there for the money

I think Neves would be great alongside Lemina.

Gomes is a different sort of player and I don't think Neves alongside Gomes would work as they are both deeper players who don't get forward as Lemina is capable of.

You're basically saying would I take £45m for Gomes, assuming Neves wanted to see his career out back at Wolves? The answer is a resounding yes.
Neves and Gomes would be fine, Gomes gets forward and out wide far more than Ruben did. Different skillets.

Back