• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ex-Wolf Watch

What went on afterwards was a farce, the sacking was perfecting justified though
Seb Larsson missing that penalty kept him in a job.

It’s crazy thinking this was only 12 years ago. As YW said, feels a completely different era. But we were pretty much playing 90s football under MM

We were just weird. Like we got a point at both Arsenal and Spurs in his final 6 weeks despite clearly being rubbish.

He lost me after Everton away, "that's how we play away from home". Yeah, it's crap though isn't it mate.

Though not a day goes by that I'm not thankful we didn't actually get Bruce or Curbishley afterwards.

If that's a red card most games should be finishing as 7 v 7.

Edit: on first watch I didn't notice his studs down the shin, I just thought he ran into him. But yes, 2nd look he leaves his foot high, it's not an unequivocal red, but I can see why it is given.

Last edited:
Leading with the studs, high and nowhere near the ball. Maybe doesn't make all that much contact but it's a terrible challenge.

It's a slow mo red, but things always look worse like that. It wouldn't be overturned by VAR but I would need to see it at full pace to have a view.

It's never a red. Makes almost no contact and is basically bumped into.

Lucky no contact was made. For me it's a red because Sanderson didn't do enough to ensure the safety of smallbone, it's luck rather than judgement that meant no contact.

I'm very surprised it was given as a red but not upset about it.

If you click through there is another angle that shows he has barely glanced him. Even with the foot high it's not a red on that other angle due to lack of contact and force.

One of the blokes in my snooker league noticed my Wolves polo shirt tonight. He said Darren Roberts is his uncle! Scored a hat-trick on his debut against Birmingham in '92.

I didn't have the pleasure of seeing him unfortunately. Was he any good or a player Deutsch hates?!! 😏

Just had a quick Google. This must be as close as it gets to scraping the barrel on Wiki…

“Roberts finished his playing career in September 2013, playing his part in helping Seaford United secure the Victorian State League Division 4 South championship, the club's first senior men's title in 27 years.”

A year over in Australia sounds good to me.

Speaking to him after our match he said he lives over in Australia now since about 2010. Built a house on a golf course. Big Villa supporter apparently.

Speaking to him after our match he said he lives over in Australia now since about 2010. Built a house on a golf course. Big Villa supporter apparently.

Back