• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ex-Wolf Watch

One of the blokes in my snooker league noticed my Wolves polo shirt tonight. He said Darren Roberts is his uncle! Scored a hat-trick on his debut against Birmingham in '92.

I didn't have the pleasure of seeing him unfortunately. Was he any good or a player Deutsch hates?!! 😏
Still got that match v Birmingham on a video tape somewhere!

Probably a player Deutsch hates... great in that game v Blues, mediocre thereafter. Can't take that one game away from him though.

When the away end was opposite [sort of in the corner of the Tilton] to where it is now. Was actually safer getting out in those days and back to the station. All the goals at the far end?
I had just started working in Birmingham and a couple of mates and I met some of my new work colleagues (Blues fans) before the game for a drink and had arranged to see them again afterwards. We didn't bother as I don't think the atmosphere in the pub [trying to remember it's name...Digbeth way] would have been great as a Wolves fan.

Conor Coady is such a great bloke and the most model of model professionals.

Apologies if I'm a bit sycophantic.
I’ve fallen behind with The Rest is Football podcasts (I got distracted by The Rest is History!) but have been catching up and have just been listening to the Coady episode.

He really is a top bloke and I’d happily have him back. Listening to him talk about the first few Nuno seasons made me feel very nostalgic :(

Hope they knock Villa out (apart from wanting Villa to win to give more European football to the PL)

If they do he'll 100% do the "no celebration" thing due to his 7 games on loan there 12 years ago.

If they do he'll 100% do the "no celebration" thing due to his 7 games on loan there 12 years ago.
That game hurt me and I don’t even have Keane nostalgia!

I keep bringing up 11/12 like it won’t make me sad ffs.

I lost any interest in Keane when he chose to go to Villa over us, also never understood dickheads applauding him for scoring against us.

Meh, I wasn't annoyed with him on the day, he'd got a job to do. On the move, we'd never have paid those wages for someone to play for two months anyway. And up front wasn't even where the issue was, Fletcher and Jarvis scored enough between them that year for a side aiming for 17th.

We wasted our chance to put a shite team to bed before HT, then we stopped playing and a senior player does something unfathomably stupid and a quality opposition striker punishes us as we can't defend. So all on us.

I do feel a stronger connection to Keane because he was the first player of a similar age to me to come through (closely followed by New Invention's own Lee Naylor). Both only a year older than me.

Just has a look. It’s not a great tackle and probably is a red, but it’s not as “clear” as I was expecting. I’ve seen players sent off for less and it certainly wouldn’t be overturned if given.

Settling down to Betis Villarreal, Ballbag on comms. I can’t wait but it’s a Deutsch Wolf meltdown on the pitch tonight!!

Weirdly high number of ex-Premmers in that match.

Bad news: I fell asleep on the sofa and just woken up to see I’ve missed two red cards and a winning goal. Good news: was still holding my wine upright. Granted, not the best scouting effort, but seems like Yerson didn’t get a game anyway.

Jack Price training with Shrewsbury with view to a move

Back