• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ex-Wolf Watch

I'd more interested in do we have a sell on % for him as he will be top of the list when Forest have a sale to avoid being in the shit next season/or are relegated.

Hope they don't sell him too late in the window though

He’s not really done enough to attract interest for a big profit I wouldn’t have thought.

He’s not really done enough to attract interest for a big profit I wouldn’t have thought.
He has been labelled the bright spot of Forest's recent slump. He will have done enough to get clubs interested. A few will ask about him in the summer.

It was reported by LL that if they were to stay up for 2 years and he'd stayed fit and played, which to date he has, the fee would have grown to £35m, £5m last, £5m this. The other add ons were pie in the sky stuff similar to Semedo. The sell on is 10%, so if they were to stay up and sell him for £50m we'd be due another £1.5m.

Last edited:
I thought even 25m was silly high given his Prem output was basically nil at the time. More the fool Forest, though.

I thought even 25m was silly high given his Prem output was basically nil at the time. More the fool Forest, though.
I'd say Forest should feel completely vindicated by their valuation of him. He's been every inch a £35m player, unlike someone I could mention.

It was reported by LL that if they were to stay up for 2 years and he'd stayed fit and played, which to date he has, the fee would have grown to £35m, £5m last, £5m this. The other add ons were pie in the sky stuff similar to Semedo. The sell on is 10%, so if they were to stay up and sell him for £50m we'd be due another £1.5m.

It still doesn't answer whether I should be cheering Forest on in their fight for survival or cheering them on to relegation?

Although the sell on clause is nominal, so...

"Nuno Nuno Nuno, take 'em to the Champo the Champo the Champo..."

Just because we can't spot what is and what isn't a £35m player, it doesn't mean that Forest can or that MGW was worth £35m last summer. He might be pushing up in value now [still wouldn't want to pay that much for him personally] but no way was he worth that a year ago given his output to date, desire to be anywhere (it seemed) other than Molineux and his reluctance to sign a new contract.

I wonder if add-ons are factored into the sell on clause or whether it's fixed against the base price.

50m for Murillo?? They’ve jumped the shark there.

Murillo has a fair bit of potential but a) he's part of an awful defence who can't deal with set pieces, which doesn't scream £50m+ and b) he's got an incredible bit of mileage out of one run and bit of skill in one game right near the start of the season that actually came to nothing in the end.

I've seen Lee Naylor actually score a 30 yard free kick AND a 30 yard volley and I never made out that he was the New Invention Roberto Carlos as a result.

Not many clubs with £50m to spend and none MGW would improve the first 11 of.
At £35m(?) he'll still have £21m as a book value at the end of the season which even at £50m makes just a £29m profit with us set to gain approx £1.5m of that. Their costs would have increased since last years accounts so they'll have to sell at least another player on top to have a prayer of staying within the FFP rules.

At £35m(?) he'll still have £21m as a book value at the end of the season which even at £50m makes just a £29m profit with us set to gain approx £1.5m of that. Their costs would have increased since last years accounts so they'll have to sell at least another player on top to have a prayer of staying within the FFP rules.
I was just about to ask what his book value is. The fee was £25m before addons for 5 years so surely his book value is now £15m?

Back