• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fulham A 26/12

Sure does. Good to see balanced views on here as always [emoji106]
Yeah, I mean he's nowhere near as useless as Joe Root, Marcus Rashford or Harry Kane...

He's made five starts and been terrible in all of them. We're halfway through the season. He's contributed virtually nothing. He's getting worse if anything.

What would you like me to say?

You think he played well?
No, but I don't think he was any worse than Costa, Cav (up until last 20) or MGW (who was Cav-esque against Huddersfield in his ability to lose the ball).

I've said it till I'm bored to death that I don't think Traore should start, but the need to smack him down on here (and it's pretty much only on here) is embarrassing.

Traore was appalling today, but I felt Costa was worse. We can't keep playing with 10 men, especially against a team set up to defend. Bringing Cav on was a good sub, taking MGW off for Costa was a bad sub.

Ignoring the decisions that didn't go for us, I think Fulham would feel a little disappointed not to win, Mitro had a couple of good chances and should have scored imo.

Anyway I'm going to have a beer and twiglet.

No, but I don't think he was any worse than Costa, Cav (up until last 20) or MGW (who was Cav-esque against Huddersfield in his ability to lose the ball).

I've said it till I'm bored to death that I don't think Traore should start, but the need to smack him down on here (and it's pretty much only on here) is embarrassing.

I thought MGW was poor first half but good 2nd when Cav came on and Raul went central. Nuno got it wrong to start with (or the stats boys did with their attempt at analysis) changed it and looked remarkably more effective.

Traore was shocking and Costa not much better. Neither player should be in the side at the moment and I'd happily replace both.

Yeah, I mean he's nowhere near as useless as Joe Root, Marcus Rashford or Harry Kane...

He's made five starts and been terrible in all of them. We're halfway through the season. He's contributed virtually nothing. He's getting worse if anything.

What would you like me to say?

How about not only focusing on the one one person at the exclusion of anyone else? Nothing wrong with calling him out when he’s poor, but focusing on him and not calling out anyone else to that amount just looks like you have something intrinsic against him that you don’t have against the Portuguese lads.

You can see the majority of people calling him poor, along with Costa, MGW and others, but you and your sock puppet Johnny come straight on singling him out. It’s a bit embarrassing tbh.

I just think Traore is only ever going to be effective coming off of the bench, there's no doubting defenders worry when he's on the ball and back off a bit, but that's going to be more effective in the latter stages where concentration is slightly lost, whether that be because of energy being depleted, or being too concerned about needing a goal or protecting one.
He's also not really producing anything of note from down the middle, he needs to be on the wing with space to run into, though as mentioned before, his starting position when out on the wing is often way off - not to mention what he does once he gets free.

How about not only focusing on the one one person at the exclusion of anyone else? Nothing wrong with calling him out when he’s poor, but focusing on him and not calling out anyone else to that amount just looks like you have something intrinsic against him that you don’t have against the Portuguese lads.

You can see the majority of people calling him poor, along with Costa, MGW and others, but you and your sock puppet Johnny come straight on singling him out. It’s a bit embarrassing tbh.
He doesn't get to have a disclaimer against him every time he's awful, what would be the point in that?

You carry on backing him if you like, it makes no odds either way. Ultimately I don't like rubbish footballers in a Wolves shirt and he is a rubbish footballer.

Costa is fast becoming a dog whistle for Traore fans.

Noticed it in general, their only argument is "but that guy"
They got what they wanted, Costa got dropped for being poor, Traore needs to start games they said, well he's started the last two and he and Costa have played similar amounts in the last four.

Newcastle:

Costa 76 minutes
Traore 60 minutes

Bournemouth

Costa 45 minutes
Traore - unused

Liverpool

Costa - unused
Traore 63 minutes

Fulham

Costa - 28 minutes
Traore - 45 minutes

-----

Costa - 149 minutes - 2 assists no goals,
Traore - 168 minutes - no goals no assists

Doesn't excuse Costas otherwise poor performances per'se but at least Costa still makes meaningful contributions.

Thought Costa was fine today [emoji58]

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

I can not believe people are Jumping to the defence of Adama fucking Traore. He was beyond woeful today.

At least Costa controlled the ball, moved a little bit, attacked the back post for the goal. Redknapp summed it up “if that was Traore he would have either kicked it behind the goal or done something stupid”.

It’s not just their role on the ball that is an issue. At least Costa makes a run and drags players away, makes room for the others. Cav wasn’t great today but he made a big difference simply by moving, asking for the ball and passing it to someone else.

Thought Costa was fine today [emoji58]

Too many Christmas beers for you! He was anonymous, though some credit is deserved for forcing the Fulham defender into an error for Saiss's equaliser.

Oh dear. Do you need a hug?

Too many Christmas beers for you! He was anonymous, though some credit is deserved for forcing the Fulham defender into an error for Saiss's equaliser.
Did little wrong that I can recall, made the equaliser for Saïss. Bottoms up chaps, 26 points before the new year

Positives - Moutinho’s tackling and composure, Saiss and Boly.

Negatives - MGW anonymous, Traore’s awful impression of a footballer.

We were lucky to escape a point, but could have nabbed 3 with us only discovering our mojo right near the end.

Did little wrong that I can recall, made the equaliser for Saïss. Bottoms up chaps, 26 points before the new year

Costa didn't touch it, came off Fulham players hand.

Back