• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

How far do you live from Molineux?

Yep, traffic can be terrible coming from north of Wolverhampton. Not sure what they’ll do when we have 45k capacity.
Now they've closed a lane of the ring road as it filters on to Waterloo Street, that can be a nightmare on a Sat afternoon.

So far I am winning 'the how far are you away' challenge, but someone will come in to beat that at some point (has to be within the UK to count - Lycan would have if he hadn't moved, but he has)

Have to debate with Parkin as to which of us is further away, guess probably him by a couple of hundred yards (he lives the other end of town, though we don't really have an awful lot of town).

As he said, 3 1/2 hours by car, 4 to 4 1/2 hours by train. Would be quicker but have to travel 60 miles east before going north, only Cross country services going north, stop everywhere. Makes a 90 minute football match into a 14/15 hour day.

About 5 miles,takes 25 minutes cycling along the canal,avoiding drunks,and drug deals under bridges on the way,off the towpath and over the bridge at the waste disposal centre,up a road,past the mosque,past the university and the delights of molineux are there.
Haven't been to a match this century though due to living in different countries Until recently,I keep meaning to visit the royal London before a match,but I'm a bit scared tbh

Last edited:
Used to live just outside W-ton, and matchday was 10 minute drive plus 10 minute walk. Very different to San Antonio - nobody walks anywhere and I can drive 40 miles south or west without leaving the city.

About 5 miles,takes 25 minutes cycling along the canal,avoiding drunks,and drug deals under bridges on the way,off the towpath and over the bridge at the waste disposal centre,up a road,past the mosque,past the university and the delights of molineux are there.
Haven't been to a match this century though,was living in different countries before now though,I keep meaning to visit the royal London before a match,but I'm a bit scared tbh

Been there too mucka, but they are a decent bunch in reality!

Yea,they don't bother me,I say alright to them,they move out the way,not pleasant if you've got kids though

118 miles away.

Journey time varies depending on the speed of my train from London to Wolverhampton. Some stop a lot along the way, some only stop 3 or 4 times.

Door to door tomorrow will be about 2h45m each way, but when I go to evening games, the trains take a lot longer (especially the last one back, when I get home at about 2am) and it can be more like 3h30m each way.

I know these distances seem like nothing in North American terms, but if you travel 100 miles anywhere in the England, you will go past a considerable number of PL and Championship grounds on your way.

Yea,they don't bother me,I say alright to them,they move out the way,not pleasant if you've got kids though
Pretty sure Cyber was talking about us lot rather than the drunks and drug dealers..

Dunno tbh,did make it sound like he'd been doing deals or drinking under bridges in the past,vague answer all round by the cyber man

Coming from Bridgnorth it's about half an hour drive, or 45 mins to an hour if I get the bus.

Most of the time I live in Liverpool though and Lime Street to Wolverhampton is around an 80 minute train journey.

Haven't been to a match this century though due to living in different countries Until recently,I keep meaning to visit the royal London before a match,but I'm a bit scared tbh

It's LemonJelly isn't it? Honestly, as long as you don't look him in the eye he's pretty calm.

7 mins on the train to the city centre from here and a 10-15 minute walk from there.

It's about the only pleasure I get out of living in this awful country.

Apparently, I am 86 miles away and this should take two and a half hours by car or five hours by public transport.

About 55 mins on a good day to park up and another 15 to the ground

When I lived there maybe a 20 minute bus ride on the 503 or 506 which was about 2 miles(ish) Unless west Midland travel have changed the bus numbers again
Now it's an 8 and a half hour flight to London and probably a 3 hour drive to Wolverhampton and is about 4000 miles!

10,500 miles (17,000 kms) approx. from Melbourne, but my heart lives at Molineux.

3.2 miles. 25 minutes on the number 6 bus which goes right round the houses.

Back