• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

How far do you live from Molineux?

Americans and geography are hilarious. When I was in NJ a Welsh guy I worked with would just say he was English (he was from Flint) to Americans as he once spent 45 minutes trying to explain to a young lady where Wales was.

the longest trip in the UK you can do is 980 ish miles,that's north to South,lands end to John o'groats, it's about 270 miles wide at the widest point,so it's not a huge place,just punched well above its weight in the past,and it's easier to get up/down than across

Americans and geography are hilarious. When I was in NJ a Welsh guy I worked with would just say he was English (he was from Flint) to Americans as he once spent 45 minutes trying to explain to a young lady where Wales was.
For a country made up of semi-independent states, it is pretty wild how difficult it is for many of us to grasp the UK's subdivisions.

I have to explain to my parents in a fairly regular basis that their pastor, who is from Belfast, is technically not from Ireland. (Of course, I could just be putting more egg on my face).

How far does Wolves board member Kevin 'KT' Thelwell live from Molineux?

188 miles, 3 hours 40 minutes from sunny Norwich.

I’d love to find a cheap way of doing it by train so I could bring my lad more regularly.
I lived in Long Stratton for 3 years when I was a kid, used to get to 1 or 2 home games a season plus the aways at Norwich/Ipswich. Hell of a journey.

The grand distance of 3.7 miles so 20 minutes away in the car/bus. Although it did take me over and hour and twenty minutes to get home from the Crusaders match last month.

In my head, I always see Wales as being the southwestern bit. More the fool me, I suppose.
Meh, my US geography is also shit, I quite of literally have no idea where I am in relation to the rest of the country when I'm there.

Meh, my US geography is also shit, I quite of literally have no idea where I am in relation to the rest of the country when I'm there.
Almost half the country is uninhabitable tbf, either through geography or shiteness of population.

For a country made up of semi-independent states, it is pretty wild how difficult it is for many of us to grasp the UK's subdivisions.

I have to explain to my parents in a fairly regular basis that their pastor, who is from Belfast, is technically not from Ireland. (Of course, I could just be putting more egg on my face).

Depends on whether he's Catholic or Protestant. It's quite a big difference. :icon_lol:

Don't blame them! Must seem a very elementary mistake. Confirming American stereotypes, etc.

My Auntie lives in Florida and has done for years. Her school run was a 35 mile round trip. I think Texas is about 270k square miles whereas the whole UK is 90k square miles. So one state is three times the size of our whole kingdom.

Depends on whether he's Catholic or Protestant. It's quite a big difference. :icon_lol:
Protestant.

I try to tell them what I know about it, but honestly The Troubles are barely a paragraph in the history book I had in grade school.

351 km away. 45 mins flight and then a 30 min train ride from Birmingham international airport. The majority of the journey is spent faffing around in queues at the airport

Back