• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

How far do you live from Molineux?

Just checked and its 1.6 miles from my house, tend to walk that for obvious reasons which is about 30 minutes.

Like T3ch, it's a bugger to get to Molineux from where I live. The last time I was there in 2009, it took me almost 18 hours! And I'm too old for that now, plus it's damned expensive!

As a kid I could see the ground from the bedroom window 1.6 miles away.

About 117 miles as the crow flies, if the internet is to be believed. About 3.5-4 hours each way if all the trains etc line up (live on the London side of Essex).

Made it to Newcastle away last season and that was about an 10 hour round trip, excluding the actual game.

My grandparents used to live in Tong Court tower block behind where the Asda is now, when we visited we would get the lift up to the top floor and you could see half the pitch occaisionally when there was a game on. It was probably 1968 and I was 5 but it was an adventure while on visits and in those days people didn't worry every time kids were out of site.

Biggest problem from down here, particularly with all the date/time changes that being in the PL/Europa brings is that there is no sensible train service into the South West especially on a Sunday as even the 4.30 pm kick off yesterday only left one possible/affordable train but with such a tight transfer time on the connection that you run the risk of sleeping rough on Basingstoke station (evening kick offs just not worth even reseaching the info for as the trains don't exist) - clearly the fact that half of Dorset closes at 9 pm colours their decisions on what services to run.

Really can't be arsed with driving back after a later evening game for at least 3 1/2 hrs & getting home at 2 or 3 am so has involved a lot of overnight stays so far (if we get into the Europa group stage that will increase as well). More expensive than I want it to be, but it's only money & merely reduces the kid's inheritance (though if I end up in a care home at some point that will reduce it a hell of a lot quicker!).

Though the worst bit today was having to have breakfast in Weatherspoons as it was a bank holiday so my usual cafe wasn't open (not eating in the Brittania as it wouldn't have been any better and twice the cost) - was quite a nice drive back though seeing as how the M4 had problems so had to come cross country via Stroud & Cirencester.

I live one internet connection from Molineux, but with all the pissing about with radio comms and trying to get them the last few games, i wish i lived in Wales too.

14 miles or about 45 mins by public transport on a good day

Unsure about how far apart we are mate, but I'm 14 miles (according to google).
However, were I to public transport the journey, it'd probably take me a 30 min bus journey into town, then a 25 min train journey (if straight through).
By car, it can be a 35-40 min journey when quiet/at night, but on a matchday or busy times, easily an hour and a half or more.

Growing up I was about 1 hr 15 mins away in the car (grew up on the outskirts of Ludlow). Now I'm in South Oxfordshire area and the A34 is a nightmare. It's 105 miles and usually takes around 2.5 hours.

I'm sure I did, can only presume the jokes went over your head...

Unsure about how far apart we are mate, but I'm 14 miles (according to google).
However, were I to public transport the journey, it'd probably take me a 30 min bus journey into town, then a 25 min train journey (if straight through).
By car, it can be a 35-40 min journey when quiet/at night, but on a matchday or busy times, easily an hour and a half or more.

That's about what it is for me but i binned the car about a year ago as it was sitting there gathering rust. I'm 14.008 miles according to one of those 'as the crow flies' maps. Moseley in Brum. 15 min bus, 5min to train station 20 min train if very lucky...

That's about what it is for me but i binned the car about a year ago as it was sitting there gathering rust. I'm 14.008 miles according to one of those 'as the crow flies' maps. Moseley in Brum. 15 min bus, 5min to train station 20 min train if very lucky...
Ah, you're a bit away from me. I'm 14.2 miles by road, not as the crow flies. I'm on the weoley castle/bartley green border. I only use the car for bowls matches, going to the football when lucky enough, and going on holiday.

Forgot to say earlier that as a child was a 20 minute walk from the ground. Used to play football all the time on what is now the training ground (until the school sold off our bloody playing fields!)

Right now I wish I lived in Wales... Left Wolves at 18.55 and loads of cancelled trains means I'm still 50ish mins from home!

I live one internet connection from Molineux, but with all the pissing about with radio comms and trying to get them the last few games, i wish i lived in Wales too.

Let's just all move to Wales.

I spent my formative years in West Wales and there was a Wolves supporters group in Aberystwyth.

There are a fair few Wolves fans in Wales, particular in the Marches and mid-Wales. There aren't any other PL (or Championship) clubs around that neck of the woods and, as has been said, you can get to Molineux from parts of the Welsh border in around 1h30m.

Anyway, Alan, I'm looking forward to seeing the spreadsheet once your research into TWF members' respective distances from Molineux is complete.

Anyway, Alan, I'm looking forward to seeing the spreadsheet once your research into TWF members' respective distances from Molineux is complete.

A simple spreadsheet won't be enough - think that we need a full graph with (different) coloured arrows pointing to the centre with our names & distances specified - the arrows should be the from the correct compass point & length depending on how far away we are.

Good luck with that Alan :whistle:

Back