• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

How far do you live from Molineux?

This is mostly aimed at those who live in England proper but all others are willing to pitch in for funsies.

WTF is England proper?? Anyway the journey from my part of North Wales (or Wales proper as I will now call it) is about 90 minutes by road.

172 miles or 2 hours 55mins now I'm back to my northern roots.

Used to be 9 miles back when we lived in Pelsall Common. But that was over 10 years ago now.

About 2 miles. 30 minute walk, or 10 minute cycle to the Civic car park and 5 mins from there to the ground.

I live about 5 miles away. It's about 10 mins on the train or 25 mins on the bus.

13 miles for me, half hour in a car on a match day if I leave early or 15 mins train (after 10 mins bus ride).

156 miles (similar to Darlo but I've not measured to his house in the same town!).

About 3 hours or so driving, depending on traffic. The train is similar though today we set off at 08.42 and don't get in until 12.55 due to strikes and engineering works.

About 45 miles. Hour and a bit on the train depending on connections at Birmingham.

Used to be 300 miles and 6 hours on the train. Definitely not missing the 4AM starts this season.

Dunno tbh,did make it sound like he'd been doing deals or drinking under bridges in the past,vague answer all round by the cyber man

I was talking about the pub, but point taken. A half read post and a quick reply. Sorry.

Worse journey I made was in 2003 v Chelsea at home. 1230 kick off had flown through the night from Iraq, landed at 0700 and got the train straight upto Wolvo no sleep at all and watched us get smashed 5-0 and was surrounded by Chelsea fans going back.

Most of the time I live in Liverpool though and Lime Street to Wolverhampton is around an 80 minute train journey.

That's a damn good time from so far north.

I used to live in Wombourne which is about 6 miles from molineux. We moved to Cornwall in 2011 so it's about a 5 hour car journey and 240 miles. I haven't been back to see a game at molineux since wolves beat sunderland 2-1(armchair fan)

188 miles, 3 hours 40 minutes from sunny Norwich.

I’d love to find a cheap way of doing it by train so I could bring my lad more regularly.

188 miles, 3 hours 40 minutes from sunny Norwich.

I’d love to find a cheap way of doing it by train so I could bring my lad more regularly.
Train from Peterborough to Birmingham is pretty cheap, if slow...

WTF is England proper?? Anyway the journey from my part of North Wales (or Wales proper as I will now call it) is about 90 minutes by road.
Within English borders. I wouldn't have thought it unfair to assume that those in Wales and Scotland would naturally have longer travel.

The Welsh border is only about 50 miles from Molineux. You can be in Harlech or Barmouth on the Welsh coast in a little over 2 hours.

Within English borders. I wouldn't have thought it unfair to assume that those in Wales and Scotland would naturally have longer travel.

Someone living just in Wales would be nearer than someone from Newcastle.

Wolverhampton is only about 50 miles from the Welsh border

Back