• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ipswich (H) matchday thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pr0sl0

Reaction score
Ikeme; Iorfa, Batth (c), Hause, Doherty; Coady, Edwards, Evans; Mason, Bodvarsson, Teixeira.

Subs: Lonergan, Deslandes, Saville, Price, Costa, Henry, Wallace.

So Hause back in at CB, Iorfa shunted back to RB, with Coady in where Saville was from the match against Reading. I guess Zenga's expecting a more physical game in the middle of the park?

Edwards survives another manager! Evans looks like his main man. Coady back in the plans.

Swap Prince in for Coady and that's probably what Zenga considers his strongest formation.

Then if we sign Talisca, play him in place of Mason; Bjarnason in for Edwards; Luisao in for Hause.

Luisao for Batth for me.

Danny is at his ceiling.

Luisao for Batth for me.

Danny is at his ceiling.

I think for me too, but I think Zenga rates Batth more highly than Hause, and his aim is to get promotion ASAP, not cultivate youth players like Jackett has been doing.

I can't wait until we have a team that Edwards can't get in. That said if all he's doing is running around getting the ball back and giving it to someone with actual technique then it's ok

Batth wins the ball to Coady who plays a good through ball to Mason, first attack from either side but Mason gets the cross wrong and easily cleared as Jon Dadi gets across the defence to the near post

Be interesting to see how the defence stands up as Ipswich are showing more attacking intent (without yet producing anything of note) than Reading did on Saturday

Surprising that a midfield containing Coady and Edwards sees very little of the ball...

Burton beating Sheffield Wednesday

Ipswich cross is missed by Sears, but hits Hause standing just behind him & out for the first corner of the match

Poor to drop Saville and keep Dave in, Saville was much better than Edwards at the weekend.

By the sound of it 15mins of very scrappy play by both teams, though we appear to be giving the ball away too often & Ipswich winning the second ball.

Someone needs to get their foot on the ball and take some control in the middle

Sorry guys, bit of a late start. Forfeits to be paid to get time here...

16' gone and only one chance where Coady released a good ball to Mason which obviously came to nothing.
The pitch looks in great condition.

Sorry guys, bit of a late start. Forfeits to be paid to get time here...

16' gone and only one chance where Coady released a good ball to Mason which obviously came to nothing.
The pitch looks in great condition.

Wouldn't fuss Roy - you haven't missed much & I've had nothing to report so far

Hause booked as Ward turns Doherty, Hause was too far away to try & get in to win that ball

Wolves have lost only one of their last 14 home league games against Ipswich, all of which have been played in the second tier.
Hause was never gonna get to that!
1st yellow of the game.
Wolves have done more defending in the 1st 20 mins than they did all game vs Reading...
Ikeme gets fingertips to that free kick but Berra blocks of the embryonic Wolves attack.
Evans needlessly fouls Berra....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back