• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

It's Official!!: Europa League Thread

I think we shouldn't just yet. Changing the thread name seems a little premature until we make the group stages, you know.

What a great end to a fantastic season. We'd better make it past the qualifying rounds now :icon_lol:

Did I read on here that Arsenal winning it has an affect on where we start off?

Guaranteed teams in the second quali round

Espanyol
Eintracht (although I think that can change)
Strasbourg
Vitoria Guimaraes
Sparta Prague
AZ Alkmaar
Atromitos
Aris
Lechia Gdansk
Lokomotiv Plovdiv

Teams in the first quali that might be entertaining if they get through

Malmo
Rangers
Dinamo Tblisi

We start in the Second Qualifying Round no matter what.

#modsquad

Dates and info in the first post.

Wiki has just updated and put us in the second quali round. I am on cloud nine and just genuinely cannot believe this has happened to our club.

Guaranteed teams in the second quali round

Espanyol
Eintracht (although I think that can change)
Strasbourg
Vitoria Guimaraes
Sparta Prague
AZ Alkmaar
Atromitos
Aris
Lechia Gdansk
Lokomotiv Plovdiv

Teams in the first quali that might be entertaining if they get through

Malmo
Rangers
Dinamo Tblisi

We can't get some of those. It's seeded by coefficient based on country so we are not getting Espanyol for instance.

Another ambition ticked of by this club, always wanted to see us Europe.

We can't get some of those. It's seeded by coefficient based on country so we are not getting Espanyol for instance.

I know - but I was just putting the other teams have also made it to the point where we join that party. Presumably the co-efficient will have an effect on those who drop out of the Champions League first qualifying round and that will decide our draw?

#modsquad

Dates and info in the first post.

I think Raul will miss our 1st game. He is with Mexico for some Tournament so I don't think he will be back with us in time if Mexico do well

Genuinely can't believe we get to watch Wolves in a European competition. 6 years ago hoping to get out of league 1 and now hoping to get to Gdansk!

Thats the one. My head is a bit scrambled right now! Trying to get my head what is happening.

Anyway, he is unlikely to be back so Rondon or similar will be needed.

Back