• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2023/2024

Guedes or no Guedes?

• Yes - More Playstation Face!

• No - Let's forget he ever joined us

Results are only viewable after voting.
Plus another £7m or so in wages. Even if he comes back fitness wise, the kind of club that will be happy to take a risk on loan won't want to be covering much

Weekend roundup

Daniel Podence - Olympiakos, Greece Super League
Played the full game and scored a beauty in a 4-1 win at second-placed PAOK. Also got the assist with a left-footed cross for the third, played a nice through ball for the opener, and his shot at the end bounced off the keeper and led to the fourth.

Goal at 3:20

Luke Cundle and Ki-Jana Hoever - Stoke City, Championship
Both started in a 1-0 defeat at home to Coventry. Cundle got the full game but Hoever came off after an hour. It was Hoever who lost the ball for the goal, which might explain the pelters he's been getting.

Sasa Kalajdzic - Eintracht Frankfurt, Bundesliga
Went off after 11 minutes with a serious knee injury.

Yerson Mosquera and Goncalo Guedes - Villarreal, La Liga.
Both played the full game in a 1-1 draw at Getafe. Guedes had a goal disallowed for offside after rounding the keeper and finishing well, while Mosquera could only head a clearance straight at a Getafe player who then scored their goal.

Louie Moulden, - Northampton Town, League 1

Played in 3-1 win over Bristol Rovers. Got booked.

Chiquinho - Famalicao, Primeira Liga
Played 73 minutes of a 2-1 win over Rio Ave and had some luck down the right flank., First he drove a fierce shot in that the keeper best away, then his cross/shot was tipped onto the head of his team mate who scored the second.

Fabio Silva - Rangers, SPL
Played 69 minutes of a 3-0 win at St Johnstone. Had a volley turned away by the keeper but not a fat lot else.

Dexter Lembikisa - Hearts, SPL
Played the first half in a 2-0 win at home to Motherwell.

Joe Young - Buxton FC, National League North

Played in a 3-1 win vs Banbury

On as sub: Bolla came on after an hour and scored a last-minute pen in a 2-1 win, decent effort tbf:
(4.30)

Hodge came on for the last 20 minutes in a 1-0 win at Bristol City, while Owen Hesketh played a similar amount of time in a goalless draw with Dorking. Chem Campbell played the last few minutes of a goalless draw at home to Oxford, while Owen Farmer came on for the last half an hour in a 3-3 draw.

Unused subs: Lonwijk, McLeod

Not in squad: Birtwistle

He's a twat but he's not someone like Guedes, Hoever or Fabio who you'd do well to give away. Amortisation all up now too so anything we get goes straight on the P&L in full.

Not sure it'll be Olympiacos shelling anything out for him (even less so if Forest were to go down) but I'd like to think we could get £7-8m for him. He's no Finnish, he's only 28.

He'd crush it in MLS, probably.

I think I've said the opposite before but I was either being an ass, really pissed at him, or both.

Not wanting to judge an entire league off one set of highlights, but there is so much diving an attempts to con the ref in that Podence video link it makes the game look a bit of a farce.

Not wanting to judge an entire league off one set of highlights, but there is so much diving an attempts to con the ref in that Podence video link it makes the game look a bit of a farce.
🤣 it most certainly is, and as for the crowds...........

I think the one yesterday is the one he did vs Southampton

Doesn't really matter either way at this stage
Not that it matters as you say, but Saints was the same as Stuttgart (left), pretty sure they made reference to it in “false start” and now he has done right too.

His physique just looks a disaster waiting to happen knee wise. He *should* be able to come back again from it. But his physique and history you can just see it happening again sadly.

Midweek roundup.

Podence played a full game in a 1-0 win at Ferencvaros as they went through to the last 16 of the Conference League. Jumped onto a poor backpass but then fired over with the goal at his mercy. His cross later, though, led to the penalty which they converted.

Bolla also progressed thanks to a 1-0 win at Ludogorets. He played almost an hour on the left wing.

Louie Moulden played in a 2-2 draw at Oxford. Was perhaps beaten a little easily for the first but then made up for it with a fine save from a one-on-one.

Owen Farmer played 65 minutes of Rushal's win over Walsall Wood in a local cup, while Joe Young helped Buxton to a 2-0 win.

On as sub: Lonwijk came on for the last few minutes to help Wycombe win their FL Trophy semi-final at Bradford 1-0 - means he'll get a chance to play at Wembley vs Darren Ferguson & Co in April.

Unused sub: Hesketh, McLeod
Not in squad: Campbell, Birtwistle

Last edited:
I'm presuming it's a thing in that competition, but if so then Campbell is cup tied for playing for Charlton

Bolla at left wing? I thought he was a right back!

I have always been curious about Bolla . He has never been back here under the present Management .
I'd like to see him being given a chance here first rather than just keep farming him out or selling him .

Back