• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2023/2024

Guedes or no Guedes?

• Yes - More Playstation Face!

• No - Let's forget he ever joined us

Results are only viewable after voting.
The only danger is that Shi/Hobbs also manage to convince themselves of that and overvalue him or decide he's worth another shot in the first team next season.
Only happens if GO goes really and a new manager "wants to have a look at him"

I think we are at the point where we will sell and the fee will be heavily reduced but a high sell on clause......just in case he turns out to be 30% of the player Jeff told us he would be

Last edited:
I would think clubs who would have a punt on him are not gunna massive spenders so the fee will have to be very small surely? 5m?

Only happens if GO goes really and a new managed "wants to have a look at him"

I think we are at the point where we will sell and the fee will be heavily reduced but a high sell on clause......just in case he turns out to be 30% of the player Jeff told us he would be

Don't know, clubs do strange things sometimes. If nobody reaches our valuation for him and they say to O'Neil we're not signing another forward until we get a return for Silva he might be forced to use him.

I would think clubs who would have a punt on him are not gunna massive spenders so the fee will have to be very small surely? 5m?

I think the fact that Rangers think there's a realistic possibility of signing him permanently says his valuation should be fairly low. Even if they do win the league their budget won't be massive.

Don't know, clubs do strange things sometimes. If nobody reaches our valuation for him and they say to O'Neil we're not signing another forward until we get a return for Silva he might be forced to use him.
I think if you gave GO the following options for playing up front

Fabio, Doc, Shaun Derry, Jeff Shi, Sasa 1 month after his latest operation & Dan Bentley - Fabio would still be last choice

I think if you gave GO the following options for playing up front

Fabio, Doc, Shaun Derry, Jeff Shi, Sasa 1 month after his latest operation & Dan Bentley - Fabio would still be last choice

"Fabio has obviously been around the squad since I've been here and played quite a lot of minutes early on.

It just felt better for him with where he is at the minute to go and play more regularly in a team where he should get minutes and should get a lot of opportunity to score goals.

Rangers are one of the best teams in that league, he'll get lots of chances and a lot more game-time than he does here.

Fabio is still young, so go away, work really hard on your game, come back in the summer and let's see where he's at."

That's what O'Neil said about him before he went on loan. I know it's a bit of a bland statement that any manager would make but I don't get the impression that there's bad blood or he wouldn't ever consider playing him again.

How many minutes did he get after the Sheff Utd game? Roughly around 0 wasn't it and before that he was getting seriously reduced game time after some starts early on

He may say things that sound like the backs the lad but when he doesn't think a player is suitable for him he properly blanks them in terms of game time

And I'm sure he regrets sending him out given he's had to use Fraser and Chiwome so much.

Have either of them had a shot on goal?

I think Fraser had one v Fulham, but that was offside so wouldn't have counted, that's it isn't it?

Steve Claridge levels :(

Fraser had a shot late on at Villa, went near side when he might have gone across the keeper.

Fabio was awful when he did play, absolutely pathetic against Palace, Liverpool and Villa in particular then you have those horror misses vs Brighton and Everton and giving away the pen at Sheff Utd (not a pen but the situation only existed due to his shit play).

How many minutes did he get after the Sheff Utd game? Roughly around 0 wasn't it and before that he was getting seriously reduced game time after some starts early on

He may say things that sound like the backs the lad but when he doesn't think a player is suitable for him he properly blanks them in terms of game time

Yeah I get that but Sarabia was barely getting any game time before Spurs and hasn't looked back since so players can play their way back into his plans.

I don't think Silva has the ability (or the desire) to do that personally but all I was saying is that I could see a situation where the club say to O'Neil that if Silva isn't sold he has to be considered part of the first team. Even if that means he sits on the bench sulking for a year as back up incase we get another injury crisis.

Fraser had a shot late on at Villa, went near side when he might have gone across the keeper.

Fabio was awful when he did play, absolutely pathetic against Palace, Liverpool and Villa in particular then you have those horror misses vs Brighton and Everton and giving away the pen at Sheff Utd (not a pen but the situation only existed due to his shit play).
Agree re Fabio, I just think these lads have been worse.

The last time I felt Fabio had a decent game was against Brighton when we lost 3-0 (2ish years ago?) he held the ball up and looked sharp in what was a terrible performance overall.

I think Lage took him off at half time and we didn't see him again that season! :ROFLMAO:

I think he'll be here, but he'll want assurances that he won't be very much CH #5 out of 5 (he absolutely should not be given the various deficiencies of the other 4)

Easter Monday/Mid-week update

Hoever played the full game and scored a great equaliser in a 1-1 draw at home to Huddersfield. Also had an effort well saved near the end. Goal around the 5-min mark:

Mosquera played the full game and Guedes 71 minutes of a 2-1 defeat at home to Atletico Madrid.

Daniel Podence scored in a 3-0 play-off win vs Aris but, as always, ridiculously difficult to find Greek highlights online.

Bendeguz Bolla played the full game of a 2-1 home defeat. Was in on goal but was stopped by a last-ditch challenge.

Joe Hodge started at Swansea in a 1-0 win but was subbed at half time.

Chem Campbell played 65 minutes in a goalless draw at Blackpool.

Owen Farmer played 57 minutes of a 1-0 win vs Boston.

Unused subs: Cundle, Moulden

Not in squad: Lonwijk, Hesketh, Young, Birtwistle, McLeod, Hubner
I know people have said similar in the past, but can I just go on record with a big “thank you” for doing these update posts, mate. I always look forward to reading them.

Cheers fellas! Much appreciated.

Will post a weekend update later today (a little behind schedule).

Just try and bring us some more exciting news please

Just try and bring us some more exciting news please
Something like “Rangers have identified that Fabio’s tantrums were due to the tartrazine in his pre match orange energy drink and moving forward he will be on blackcurrant cordial and they fully expect him to go on a scoring spree that will secure them the SPL title”?

Weekend update:

Ki-Jana Hoever - Stoke City, Championship
Hoever played the full game and bagged the assist for Stoke's first in their comeback at home to the A*bion from 2 down. I never normally post assists but I like how the goal happened against the backdrop of "Wanky Wanderers". Nice timing.

Goal around 1:15:

Chiquinho - Famalicao, Portuguese Primeira Liga
Played the full game and got a goal and assist in a 3-2 win vs Vizela. The goal was a well-taken short-range smash into the net from an angle and the assist was a brilliant free-kick whipped in from the right. Could have got another when his trickery got him through on goal but he smashed the shot wide. Looks back to his best.

Goal and assist one after another on the 40-second mark:

Fabio Silva - Rangers, SPL
Played 69 minute of a mad Old Firm derby in which he managed to unite Celtic and Rangers fans against him with a theatriical display of diving and rolling. He did win a penalty, which was very harsh, for Rangers first.

Dexter Lemibikisa - Hearts, SPL
Played 73 minutes of a 2-1 win at St Mirren that sees them virtually guarantee Europa League qualification. He was muscled out of a header on the half-way line for the goal they conceded then couldn't catch the attacker who did well to put it away after a 50-yard run.

Nigel Lonwijk - Wycombe Wanderers, League 1
Got a taste of Wembley in the Sherpa Van final but was on the losing team, losing 2-1 to Peterborough. Played the full game.

Joe Young - Buxton, National League South
Back in the team for a 3-1 win vs Chorley. Made a couple of fantastic saves according to the report.

On as sub: Bolla played the last 10 minutes in a 1-0 defeat vs FC Zurich, Owen Farmer came on after 86 minutes in a 2-0 win, while Justin Hubner made his debut with in the last few minutes of a 1-0 win: someone's thoughtfully put together a video of his two touches (one of which he should have left for the keeper) which followed 30 seconds of him entering the pitch and his team mates telling him what to do.

Unused subs: Cundle, Hodge, Moulden.

Not in squad: Hesketh, McLeod, Podence, Campbell.

No game: Guedes, Mosquera, Birtwistle.

Are we missing Justin Hubner mate? Think he has played for Cerezo Osaka.

Back