• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2023/2024

Guedes or no Guedes?

• Yes - More Playstation Face!

• No - Let's forget he ever joined us

Results are only viewable after voting.
Worst thing about Fabio for me is how he’s actively getting worse, there was a point when there was small sign that he was a bit stronger and had a few good moments for us that made me think he might be alright. That was 3 years ago now and all of that has gone and the ego and attitude has got miles worse in the process!

It's all about his attitude imo, he can certainly play but seems to have an over inflated idea of how good he is and that seems to be getting worse. If he'd have just knuckled down at Rangers, give 100%, not be such a whinger, there's a good chance he'd have got a decent move. I suspect he'll end up back in Portugal at a shit team, maybe not even in their top tier.

From the very first moment I saw Fabio Silva, I knew he was absolute shit and that opinion has never ever wavered - not once.

He has not got one single attribute as a footballer.

I said at the time we signed him that I was honestly unsure as to whether he was actually a footballer at all and that he was part of a hoax - a bit like the George Weah’s cousin scenario.

As said, we’ve had plenty of shit footballers at Wolves over the years and most of them I’ve more than tolerated - makes it loads worse that this bloke is an absolute cunt too.

pretty sure Nuno would veto such an option
Maybe he won't be there to veto it? Anyway, I was joking really, though a sense of entitlement and a misplaced grudge against football for not recgonising their right to be at the top table don't seem completely incompatible.

From the very first moment I saw Fabio Silva, I knew he was absolute shit and that opinion has never ever wavered - not once.

He has not got one single attribute as a footballer.

I said at the time we signed him that I was honestly unsure as to whether he was actually a footballer at all and that he was part of a hoax - a bit like the George Weah’s cousin scenario.

As said, we’ve had plenty of shit footballers at Wolves over the years and most of them I’ve more than tolerated - makes it loads worse that this bloke is an absolute cunt too.

I wouldn't quite go as far as this but I agree in the main. Had arguments on twitter at the time with kids re-iterating his age and such. The thing is even if a player looks short of the level because of inexperience you can usually see at least signs of attributes that can be developed with time, experience and as they grow into their body. There was never much evidence of anything with Silva that was cause for optimism that he would be able to play at the level required. Now that he's struggling to even make an impact at one of the best teams in a league like the SPL is going to mean we're going to be loaning him out until the end of his contract and recouping nothing.

It's all about his attitude imo, he can certainly play but seems to have an over inflated idea of how good he is and that seems to be getting worse. If he'd have just knuckled down at Rangers, give 100%, not be such a whinger, there's a good chance he'd have got a decent move. I suspect he'll end up back in Portugal at a shit team, maybe not even in their top tier.
Even Beto managed to score goals for Portimonense so I don't think he'd slump quite so low as the Portuguese 2nd tier. I could see him ending up at Braga or Vitória at some point though.

Even Beto managed to score goals for Portimonense so I don't think he'd slump quite so low as the Portuguese 2nd tier. I could see him ending up at Braga or Vitória at some point though.
Can’t imagine that even those fans would have much patience for him, especially Bragans (whatever they call themselves).

Weekend round-up:

Yerson Mosquera and Goncalo Guedes - Villarreal, La Liga

Mosquera played the full game and scored in a 3-0 win at home, a straightforward header off a corner that the keeper should have kept out. Guedes played 84 minutes and almost got an assist but the goal was chalked off for offside.

Goal around 1:40

Ki-Jana Hoever and Luke Cundle - Stoke City, Championship
Hoever played the full game and got the assist for the only goal - a punt up to the forward - in a 1-0 win at Saints. Cundle played 84 minutes.

Nigel Lonwijk - Wycombe Wanderers, League One
Played the full game in a 1-0 win at home to Charlton as The Chairboys finish the season 10th.

Fabio Silva - Rangers, SPL

Played 56 minutes of a 2-1 win at St Mirren.

Bendeguz Bolla - Servette, Swiss Super League
Played 67 minutes of a 1-0 vs Winterthur to reach the Swiss Cup final.

Chiqunho - Famalicao, Portuguese Primeira Liga
Played 82 minutes of a 1-0 defeat at Estoril. Beat his defender well to race down the right and put a cross in, but the keeper made a great save from the resulting shot

Daniel Podence - Olympiacos, Greek Super League
Got a goal and assist in a 4-1 vs Aris.

Dexter Lembikisa - Hearts, SPL.

Played the full game of a goalless draw at Killie.

Not in squad: Campbell, Hodge, Moulden, Hubner.

#Starboy starting LW again for Rangers. Doesn't track back properly and the Kilmarnock RB crosses under no pressure to assist the opening goal.

Ex-Wolf Dan Armstrong playing for Killie.

#Starboy starting LW again for Rangers. Doesn't track back properly and the Kilmarnock RB crosses under no pressure to assist the opening goal.
It's madness from their manager isn't it.

"Hey Fabio, you know the thing you're worst at?"

"Working?"

"Exactly. I'm going to put you in a spot where you have to do that. A lot."

Ex-Wolf Dan Armstrong playing for Killie.
He’s been fucking dreadful lately after a bright start up north but this just didn’t happen. Fabio was with the right back, and it’s Polworth the centre mid who puts the cross in because Cantwell went chasing the ball and left him free.

Also did well in the move for the penalty that Tavernier missed. Overall though Rangers are dreadful to watch and have some poor players and he doesn’t look better than any of them right now so it’s going to be hard for us to move him on in the summer i would think.

Back