• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Newcastle 1 Wolves 1 verdict thread

He's our best attacking player at the minute. Only one who makes anything happen.

Nuno fucked up the first half. Win that and we would be 6th right now.

At least we didn't get any more injuries.

Traore our best player again.

Awful first half much better second. A trend that needs sorting. Disappointed with only a point as I think they are a really poor side.

Too flat, too slow and too negative... AGAIN.

Two points dropped - really disappointed. We should have won today and we should be 6th in the table.

Traore the bright spark again.

Yep. Our one dangerous player.

Set up really badly and first half was awful. Different team second half and could have won on another day. Worrying thing is we continue to persist with a failing system and are making some very poor sides look good.

Thought we played well second half. Created the better chances, could and should have won it.

The unbeaten run goes on, we're comfortably mid table, should be progressing in Europe and are still in the Carrott cup. Beats being shit in the championship!

Lascelles and Federico lucky to be on the pitch at the end. An extra minute at least should have been added on in the first half after the assault on Jota and Lascelles trying to ref the game.

Souness thought it was a nailed on penalty.

Too flat, too slow and too negative... AGAIN.

Two points dropped - really disappointed. We should have won today and we should be 6th in the table.

Traore the bright spark again.

Did you write this at HT and not bother with the 2nd half?

We were miles better second half. 3-4-3 obviously was the way to go from the start and Nuno has to dispense with this contain and defend nonsense in the first half. It's clear we have quality players and actually have depth in attacking positions which is good.

Pity Raul, Jota and Doc couldn't score with their chances as I think we deserved the win.

Doc my MOtM.

Donk looked very good at RCB, I’d be tempted to keep him there even if Bennett is fit. Thought Neves looked much better. Raul and Joao looked tired imo. Neto looked dreadful, but not much time for him.

There was no need to give ourselves an uphill battle today - let’s give them something to worry about, and put an offensive line up out there.

Traore is starting to look like a huge threat ahead of Doherty, so let’s set up that way, and scare their left side to death.

Nuno has to hold his hands up here and admit he got the starting selection wrong. We only looked any real threat when we went back to 3-4-3 with Doc and Traore moved to where they should have been.

As a result we left it far too late to try and win the game.

2 points from Southampton and Newcastle is disappointing.

Yep. Our one dangerous player.

Set up really badly and first half was awful. Different team second half and could have won on another day. Worrying thing is we continue to persist with a failing system and are making some very poor sides look good.

This. Though we should have had a penalty at the death to win it, VAR pointless again. The same on the foul on Jota, should have been a red card too.

Traore was excellent, including a reverse pass on the goal that he would never have done last year. I thought Raul was a bit flat today, not that involved, and I’m not sure what Pedro Neto is, he doesn’t really take anyone on, just passes back or sideways. He’s very young, but i hope to see more from him soon.

Newcastle are shit, this is a poor result. Nuno needs to sort these first halves out.

Nuno has to hold his hands up here and admit he got the starting selection wrong. We only looked any real threat when we went back to 3-4-3 with Doc and Traore moved to where they should have been.

As a result we left it far too late to try and win the game.

2 points from Southampton and Newcastle is disappointing.
5 points from Southampton, Newcastle and Man City not too shabby though.

Did you write this at HT and not bother with the 2nd half?

We were miles better second half. 3-4-3 obviously was the way to go from the start and Nuno has to dispense with this contain and defend nonsense in the first half. It's clear we have quality players and actually have depth in attacking positions which is good.

Pity Raul, Jota and Doc couldn't score with their chances as I think we deserved the win.

Doc my MOtM.

I've given up with him, he lives to moan and is only happy when there's something not going right.

I think it's an off-shoot of his small man syndrome.

Decent 2nd half performance after a below par 1st. A draw was the fair result - we looked far more threatening after the break and we should probably have won at the end. A definite penalty, VAR has fucked us over there.

We've no divine right to beat anyone in this league - people seem to forget this. The fact we battled back and could have won it is as much of a positive as the tepid 1st half is a negative. Lots to improve on, but also lots to build on too.

Traore MOTM, overall a 6/10 performance over both halves. Far from 'shit'/'terrible' etc.

I wouldn't discount the change wasn't part of the plan, a poor pass just tore it up.

I've given up with him, he lives to moan and is only happy when there's something not going right.

I think it's an off-shoot of his small man syndrome.

This isn't helpful.

Back