• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Newcastle build-up thread: Sat 8pm SkySports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't stand Steve Bruce.

- Plays hideous football
- Has never achieved anything other than a few promotions, sometimes these have been clubs that he relegated in the first place
- "I don't want to bleat about referees, but..."
- Appalling victim complex, wherever he goes
- Sly little Dave Jones style digs at the fans when things start going wrong, as they always do
- Addicted to buying right backs
- Wastes astronomical sums on awful footballers
- Claimed Sunderland fans didn't like him because he's a Geordie. Claimed Villa fans didn't like him because he managed Blues. No mate, it's because you're shit
- Constantly playing players out of position
- All his teams have dreadful fitness levels and terrible injury records. Mainly as training is basically 5-a-side and he always plays them through injuries, inevitably making the issue worse
- Still calls Man Utd "we". He left them 25 years ago and isn't from Manchester
- No long term planning, ever
- "Roll wor sleeves up"
- "There or thereabouts"
- "Mass hysteria"
- Complete refusal to accept blame for anything, ever
- Having a go at Nuno for the way he celebrates goals. Then decided to run (waddle) right past our bench when they scored against us
- All the absolute shite he made up about us and our transfers when he was at Villa

He's an absolute pox on football, I would like to think this will be the last time I ever have to watch Wolves against one of his teams. Probably not though.

He'd have been bloody awful for us. Doesn't matter that Solbakken didn't work out and Saunders was the disaster of all disasters, it would have been an entirely joyless experience.

- Plays hideous football
- Has never achieved anything other than a few promotions, sometimes these have been clubs that he relegated in the first place
- Sly little Dave Jones style digs at the fans when things start going wrong, as they always do
- Claimed Sunderland fans didn't like him because he's a Geordie. Claimed Villa fans didn't like him because he managed Blues. No mate, it's because you're shit
- All his teams have dreadful fitness levels and terrible injury records. Mainly as training is basically 5-a-side and he always plays them through injuries, inevitably making the issue worse
- "Roll wor sleeves up"
- "There or thereabouts"
- "Mass hysteria"

He's an absolute pox on football, I would like to think this will be the last time I ever have to watch Wolves against one of his teams. Probably not though.

He'd have been bloody awful for us. Doesn't matter that Solbakken didn't work out and Saunders was the disaster of all disasters, it would have been an entirely joyless experience.
You are not that keen then?;)

Newcastle are playing much better currently, actually pressing the ball and trying to attack. It might mean that we get more chances than we usually do against them but I can see them scoring.

- Plays hideous football
- "Roll wor sleeves up"
- "There or thereabouts"
- "Mass hysteria"
- Having a go at Nuno for the way he celebrates goals. Then decided to run (waddle) right past our bench when they scored against us
- All the absolute shite he made up about us and our transfers when he was at Villa

Was looking for "hysteria" and wasn't disappointed

You are not that keen then?;)
I feel much better now.

He likes to paint himself as this grizzled old warrior of a manager but he's amazingly thin skinned. He said the other week "I will never hide away". Then refused to speak to the press.

A good crime writer though, would like to read more.

With the current issues regarding online abuse of footballers, he and his son were on to Talksport about the abuse Bruce receives including 'death threats', the only example being 'hope you die of Covid' which whilst being a pretty low thing to say doesn't constitute a death threat.

Succeeded in getting him airtime and an outpouring of sympathy from his media pals though

How would he know anyway, he has said in the past he doesn't know how to work "the computer" and he has no social media channels at all.

I imagine his legendary novels were crafted on a 1960s typewriter, painstakingly stabbed out with one finger typing and a determined look on his Angela Lansbury face.

He also claims he gets hundreds of letters a week saying what a great job he's doing. Yours sincerely, A.Bruce.

How would he know anyway, he has said in the past he doesn't know how to work "the computer" and he has no social media channels at all.

I imagine his legendary novels were crafted on a 1960s typewriter, painstakingly stabbed out with one finger typing and a determined look on his Angela Lansbury face.

He also claims he gets hundreds of letters a week saying what a great job he's doing. Yours sincerely, A.Bruce.

In the same interview he said he doesn't see it as he's not on social media, Alex sees it. Then Alex came on saying he doesn't do social media either!

Bruce has also been very petty RE Rafa Benitez (who I know a lot on here don't like but still) knowing he was popular with Newcastle fans - he was asked about what the realistic aims for the club are and one of his quotes was “We matched the mighty Rafa last year. We will try to do the best we can again this year.” :ROFLMAO:

In the last season Benitez were there Newcastle were in negative net spend where as Bruce has a net spend of north of £100m.

I think any manager would struggle to get too much out of Newcastle's squad as it's very poor but Bruce has them playing a very poor brand of football to go along with shocking results - they are fortunate that at various points of the season they have either got spawny, lucky points which they have not deserved - or randomly turned on a performance (Everton a few weeks ago) before reverting to type.

Let's not forget how he screws clubs/players over too.

Walked out on Wigan (first time), Palace and Sheff Wed inside months of arriving. The latter also appointed him then he fucked off to Barbados to watch cricket for a couple of weeks and missed the first 2-3 games he should have taken charge of.

Stacked Villa out with tons of expensive loans and ancient players, meaning they got to the end of every season with hardly any assets and little room to move in the transfer market. Got rid of nearly all their centre halves, meaning James Chester had to play through an injury and essentially wreck his career at the top level. Wasted so much money that without a takeover, Villa were having to sell everything that wasn't nailed down and were close to administration.

Bought an incredible amount of shite for Sunderland, sending them into a spiral from which they've never recovered. Said during this time there that he "didn't do tactics".

Rubberstamped the signing of Joelinton. For £40m.

I'm almost finding it hard to believe that anyone would think Bruce is anything other than a decent Championship level manager. He's completely out of his depth in the Prem and he always has been.

He’s pretty shite in the champ too.

- Plays hideous football
- "Roll wor sleeves up"
- "There or thereabouts"
- "Mass hysteria"

Tell us how you really feel about him. Don't hold back on anything... :ROFLMAO:

One for Cyber. As our game clashes directly with my Wedding Anniversary, thought I would look at the league results on the games closest or on that day (mainly because I am fookin bored today).

It started well and the day after my wedding we lost to Plymouth at home! A game I somehow attended

So the record goes - LLWDLWWWLLLW (although we did play a Cup game on the 27th last year v Espanyol which we lost) and the bit for Cyber - The one draw was away at Newcastle

Under TC, no less.

That Plymouth game was fucking hard going. Hungover to fuck (I reckon this bit is your fault). 1-0 down after 40 seconds. We were atrocious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back