• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Newcastle build-up thread: Sat 8pm SkySports

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the plus side, the next day I went on my Honeymoon and during my 2 weeks away, we got our season back on track.

Some other shockers in there - Huddersfield away, 2 years ago. Losing at Bolton as well

Last edited:
Kenny was in Vegas, I was in Huddersfield pretending to be Kenny

You were in Vegas for the Hudds one. "Send me the updates". Ok, not a problem.

No messages.

"Everything ok?"

"Yep. Just literally nothing has happened"
Was actually driving to Vegas from LA as the game was being played. Pulled into the hotel car park, looked at my phone as Huddersfield scored the winner

On my honeymoon, I had to log onto a computer in a hotel in Cuba that I'm sure was powered by ferrets on a treadmill with internet speeds that took a page 3 weeks to load to see how we'd got on against Albion in the play offs.

Eventually saw that we'd lost. Fucking wonderful.

Not married to her anymore, but whilst that's not specifically caused by us losing to Albion, it was clearly the beginning of the end.

Still - all inclusive bar and who doesn't love an authentic mojito?

I can't stand Steve Bruce.

- Plays hideous football
- Has never achieved anything other than a few promotions, sometimes these have been clubs that he relegated in the first place
- "I don't want to bleat about referees, but..."
- Appalling victim complex, wherever he goes
- Sly little Dave Jones style digs at the fans when things start going wrong, as they always do
- Addicted to buying right backs
- Wastes astronomical sums on awful footballers
- Claimed Sunderland fans didn't like him because he's a Geordie. Claimed Villa fans didn't like him because he managed Blues. No mate, it's because you're shit
- Constantly playing players out of position
- All his teams have dreadful fitness levels and terrible injury records. Mainly as training is basically 5-a-side and he always plays them through injuries, inevitably making the issue worse
- Still calls Man Utd "we". He left them 25 years ago and isn't from Manchester
- No long term planning, ever
- "Roll wor sleeves up"
- "There or thereabouts"
- "Mass hysteria"
- Complete refusal to accept blame for anything, ever
- Having a go at Nuno for the way he celebrates goals. Then decided to run (waddle) right past our bench when they scored against us
- All the absolute shite he made up about us and our transfers when he was at Villa

He's an absolute pox on football, I would like to think this will be the last time I ever have to watch Wolves against one of his teams. Probably not though.

He'd have been bloody awful for us. Doesn't matter that Solbakken didn't work out and Saunders was the disaster of all disasters, it would have been an entirely joyless experience.
I remember you making a comment about 7 or 8 years ago that he looked like a middle aged woman or a middle aged lesbian or something along those lines. Very funny and spot on- I always recall that comment every time I see him

On my honeymoon, I had to log onto a computer in a hotel in Cuba that I'm sure was powered by ferrets on a treadmill with internet speeds that took a page 3 weeks to load to see how we'd got on against Albion in the play offs.

Eventually saw that we'd lost. Fucking wonderful.

Not married to her anymore, but whilst that's not specifically caused by us losing to Albion, it was clearly the beginning of the end.

Still - all inclusive bar and who doesn't love an authentic mojito?
Was that the infamous bumbag holiday ???
For those that don't know Langers posted a picture on here with the aforementioned apparel thinking no one was going to notice it or mock him mercilessly, he was wrong

You fuckers banned me from here for my honeymoon courtesy of a request by my wife. Who kept posting while we were in St Lucia. Disgraceful scenes. We could have gone top if we had won the first game during the trip. But we didn’t as it was Solbakken.

Three months later we were in Oz and Kenny sent me what I assumed was a joke text about the sacking of Solbakken and appointment of Saunders.

Three months later we were in Oz and Kenny sent me what I assumed was a joke text about the sacking of Solbakken and appointment of Saunders.
Nothing beats the texts I sent you as you flew to Oz. In the days you paid to receive texts when abroad. We battered Barnsley, created chance after chance and scored once. Last 15 Barnsley mullered us but couldn't score. Must have sent you 40 odd texts.

You landed and turned your phone on. First text.."FT Won 1-0"...then all the action texts came through a few mins later. Money well spent that

Ok I will bite
6 defeats
5 wins
1 draw
This is game thirteen so we should win if it goes to sequence?
One for Cyber. As our game clashes directly with my Wedding Anniversary, thought I would look at the league results on the games closest or on that day (mainly because I am fookin bored today).

It started well and the day after my wedding we lost to Plymouth at home! A game I somehow attended

So the record goes - LLWDLWWWLLLW (although we did play a Cup game on the 27th last year v Espanyol which we lost) and the bit for Cyber - The one draw was away at Newcastle

I think we should win due to us having better players and a better coach......unfortunately football doesn't always work that way.
No doubt many Wolves fans think after our recent results, we've just got to turn up and its a foregone conclusion. I'm expecting a tough game with not many goals......think we should have too much for them though 🙏

I think we should win due to us having better players and a better coach......unfortunately football doesn't always work that way.
No doubt many Wolves fans think after our recent results, we've just got to turn up and its a foregone conclusion. I'm expecting a tough game with not many goals......think we should have too much for them though 🙏
Didn't we play really well against them away from home two years ago . I recall Benitez being very annoyed that we won in stoppage time there and drew in stoppage time at home when their goalkeeper threw one in his net?

Didn't we play really well against them away from home two years ago . I recall Benitez being very annoyed that we won in stoppage time there and drew in stoppage time at home when their goalkeeper threw one in his net?
pretty much....me and my lad were there for the home game god we were garbage that night.

The win was a tight game until Rafa took off Rondon, who was causing us problems all game. He went off and they couldn't get the ball to stick up top so we were quickly able to turn over possession and get on the front foot for the last 15-20 mins.

I believe he moaned about needing the VAR after the game (possible elbow from Boly but that might be my memory playing tricks on mel)

The win was a tight game until Rafa took off Rondon, who was causing us problems all game. He went off and they couldn't get the ball to stick up top so we were quickly able to turn over possession and get on the front foot for the last 15-20 mins.

I believe he moaned about needing the VAR after the game (possible elbow from Boly but that might be my memory playing tricks on mel)
There was a lot of moaning about Boly being a bit 'robust' with his challenge on the keeper, must admit we thought the goal would be disallowed.

..and that´s also the beauty of football..the ball is round and anything can happen..now we have VAR too(has saved us a bit lately TBF) ..as long as we have a go and try to win and not just defend I will be happy.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back