• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Play Golbourne and Iorfa

Hazza

Reaction score
What are people's thoughts on playing both Golbourne and Iorfa down the left hand side, let them mix it up a bit?

I think this would be a great asset for us and would cause the opposition a lot of trouble.

Ha ha ha ha.....

Or play a left sided player there and leave Iorfa where he can actually play

Hello Hazza,

Quite frankly I think that is bonkers, a right footed full back playing on the left wing

Why would you play them both on the left?

I think let Iorfa play up front where he can use his pace, strength and height and play Dicko at RB as his lack of height will be less of an issue

This isn't that looney from the other week, back for another round of mentalism is it?

What the hell kind of bullshit is this!?!

This is the sort of choice that Saunders would make on the basis that the opposition won't be expecting it.

May as well play Stearman on the right wing.

jim-carrey-liar-liar-oh-come-on-angry-its-enough.gif

Full backs in wide midfield positions is generally a terrible idea anyway (even if we ignore Iorfa being on the wrong side in this proposal). It hardly ever works, overlapping and providing an extra option is a completely different game to being the main attacking threat on that side. People used to suggest Lee Naylor should play on the left wing all the time (especially in the Hoddle days) and that England should play both Ashley Cole and Wayne Bridge, really not a good plan.

Also neither Golbourne nor Iorfa can cross for shit, it's a big enough problem when they're at full back let alone one of them being on the wing.

Full backs in wide midfield positions is generally a terrible idea anyway (even if we ignore Iorfa being on the wrong side in this proposal). It hardly ever works, overlapping and providing an extra option is a completely different game to being the main attacking threat on that side. People used to suggest Lee Naylor should play on the left wing all the time (especially in the Hoddle days) and that England should play both Ashley Cole and Wayne Bridge, really not a good plan.

Also neither Golbourne nor Iorfa can cross for shit, it's a big enough problem when they're at full back let alone one of them being on the wing.

A very precise and accurate answer Deutsch.

Just don't think the OP is being serious - if he is then he is extremely deluded

It's a plot to get Doherty playing again obviously.

What are people's thoughts on playing both Golbourne and Iorfa down the left hand side, let them mix it up a bit?

I think this would be a great asset for us and would cause the opposition a lot of trouble.

pEiUlFXZTWycBBw43qWz_Confused%20Bill%20Gates.gif

What-did-you-say-gif.gif

Very dubious.
Post a daft suggestion for your first post then you don't return to join in the debate...

Back