• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Revisiting old albums

It should be a parody album. But it's not.

Definitely still stacks up.

I loved that album when it came out - definitely due another listen.

Yeah, that Darkness album was a genuinely decent rock album.

Musically its a great rock album, I can live with the vocals for one album

Good band live as well. Very impressed with them at Knebworth supporting a certain Mr Williams

Permission To Land is one of my favourite albums. I particularly love Friday Night which is a bit lighter than the rest of the album.

It's a real shame that he had such a problem with Heroin.

Permission To Land is one of my favourite albums. I particularly love Friday Night which is a bit lighter than the rest of the album.

It's a real shame that he had such a problem with Heroin.
Sorted himself out now. Give the new album a listen - it’s decent.

I've been meaning to but not done it yet.

There's a couple of decent tracks of the last few albums.

I’ve had “Dinner Lady Arms” on repeat all afternoon. What a track!

That's a good one. I really like Girlfriend, and She Just A Girl Eddie (Hot Cakes) too.

Blind Melon - Blind Melon

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKR9oZS-vTM7aq00Dnt8es_R1nqnrkT-c

A hippie mate of mine was so into this album it was impossible to escape for at least one summer. Can you believe it is 24 years since Shannon Hoon died? Madness.

Anyway, most remember the bumble bee girl, as well as no rain.
Has to be said, its a solid summer album this. Tones of Home, Paper Scratcher and Dear Ol Dad are good tunes. Despite No Rain getting the MTV audience, Change was always the best track for me on this album. Sleepyhouse and Holyman are still very good songs.

Have to say, taken as a whole, it is still a very good album.

Sorted himself out now. Give the new album a listen - it’s decent.

I thought it was gargantuan amounts of coke? Anyway, last year while on holiday in the south of France we passed a group of about eight middle aged women who were discussing whether Justin was in fact dead.

I thought it was gargantuan amounts of coke? Anyway, last year while on holiday in the south of France we passed a group of about eight middle aged women who were discussing whether Justin was in fact dead.
Maybe they were on about Bieber?

Blind Melon - Blind Melon

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKR9oZS-vTM7aq00Dnt8es_R1nqnrkT-c

A hippie mate of mine was so into this album it was impossible to escape for at least one summer. Can you believe it is 24 years since Shannon Hoon died? Madness.

Anyway, most remember the bumble bee girl, as well as no rain.
Has to be said, its a solid summer album this. Tones of Home, Paper Scratcher and Dear Ol Dad are good tunes. Despite No Rain getting the MTV audience, Change was always the best track for me on this album. Sleepyhouse and Holyman are still very good songs.

Have to say, taken as a whole, it is still a very good album.
I used to love this album. Haven't listened to it in a while though. Change is my favourite track too.

I thought their 2nd album was disappointing and haven't listened to anything they've released since Shannon Hoon died.

I also find it weird how he sang on Guns N Roses' Use Your Illusion albums. He and Axl seem like an unlikely friendship.

Toes Across the Floor and Mouthful of Cavities are wonderful tracks.

Sneaker Pimps - Becoming X
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD78AED6F507F5A3A

Youtube has a playlist with only 8 of the 11 tracks. Another summery album, with a cool vocal from Kelli Dayton, who was dropped from the band for their subsequent work. Again I got into revisiting the album tracks rather than the singles more - maybe because I am less familiar with them. Waterbaby was a nice listen, and still then How Do ending from the wickerman is odd yet fitting.
However, found the album served more as background music than engaging me, suggesting we've drifted apart a bit.

I've been revisiting some classy '80s pop in the last few days. The likes of Talk Talk, Prefab Sprout and The The.

Not stuff I was particularly into at the time but have grew to love later. Listening now, it's very good stuff. Quality songwriting and often quite experimental.

Back