• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Car Thread

Z cars were Ford Zephyrs (based on those deployed in Seaport and Kirkby Newtown). The Zephyr Zodiac (and Ford Executive) being a luxury variant.
Oh! I'd forgotten the Zephyr Zodiac was one car! (Ford Zephyr Zodiac is a bit of a mouthful!)

I did have an XR3i in about 1995. Loved that car.
In 78 I bought a MkII RS1800. The DB's, virtually full rally prepared. A limited number were produced so the RS1800 could compete in world rally championship team comps. I lent it to a mate who got it written off in an argument with a Rover P6.

Beast of a car that. I would have loved to try the metro that spanked world rally but I don’t think they were even road legal.

My mate had a Golf VR6 which went like hot shit off a shiny shovel. Drove it a couple of times. Absolutely rapid.

Given that its a wannabe Tesla its probably buried in the touchscreen menus :)
I am getting an ID.Buzz from work to mess around with for a week at the end of June. Looking forward to messing about with the systems and making a log book Wolf Hunting can understand

Beast of a car that. I would have loved to try the metro that spanked world rally but I don’t think they were even road legal.

My mate had a Golf VR6 which went like hot shit off a shiny shovel. Drove it a couple of times. Absolutely rapid.
MG Metro 6R4 were road legal. They had to be in order to compete in the comps. There was one restored on Car SOS.

They were lunatic as I remember. Very quick. Just checked the spec. Top speed was only moderate but the acceleration was very impressive.

I am getting an ID.Buzz from work to mess around with for a week at the end of June. Looking forward to messing about with the systems and making a log book Wolf Hunting can understand
I'd love one of those! The range is terrible though I think? Waiting for a camper version with real world 250 mile range...

I'd love one of those! The range is terrible though I think? Waiting for a camper version with real world 250 mile range...
The Cargo version is currently being taken around by an Area Fleet Manager and he is saying 215 miles per full charge is what he is seeing.

I am having the Passenger version, hoping similar range so I only have to do a quick charge in Milton Keynes when I take it down there

Last edited:
The Cargo version is currently being taken around by an Area Fleet Manager and he is saying 215 miles per full charge is what he seeing.

I am having the Passenger version, hoping similar range so I only have do a quick charge in Milton Keynes when I take it down there
215 isn't too bad I guess, realistically though you won't go below 20% as that's proper squeaky bum time.

215 isn't too bad I guess, realistically though you won't go below 20% as that's proper squeaky bum time.
Add weight in the back though and that is tumbling somewhat I guess

They are lovely looking vehicles though. So I am excited to have one even if its just for a week. As I kind of work for VW on the commercial vehicles they have decided I should experience the range. So won't be as exciting when I get a Caddy or a Crafter for a week!

Will be ensuring I get a Transporter or Multivan at Christmas, so my my drive to Devon to collect the folks is done without costing me anything and will be pushing folk out of the way to get the Amarok when that hits the demo fleet.

Group B Rally - yeah baby.

I loved the 80’s, loved the madness. No wonder they put a stop to Group B but I dunno, it captured the moment perfectly. Everything is so fucking sterile by comparison now.

Group B Rally - yeah baby.

I loved the 80’s, loved the madness. No wonder they put a stop to Group B but I dunno, it captured the moment perfectly. Everything is so fucking sterile by comparison now.

Unfortunately Santos's RS200 crashing into a crowd killing 3 and injuring 30 spectators followed by later in the Championsip Toivonen's Lancia Delta S4 leaving the road and bursting into flames killing him and co-driver Cresta put a stop to it.

Last edited:
Urban legend says, that the mechanics servicing one of the Peugeot T-16 rally cars found blood on the bodywork above the rear wheel, when they lifted the rear engine cover, couple of fingers fell out, spectator had got to close as it passed.
The late brake show on YouTube did a video on a genuine 6R4 that’s road legal, the cars well known in the Lincolnshire area, he takes it out most weekends and drives it as intended

The 5 Turbo is my pick from that lot. I had a R5 Gordini, a mate had a Gordini Turbo. The R5 GT Turbo that came along later went mainstream but those early Gordini’s were the picks.

Ragged my G5 all over the show and it kept coming back for more. Put up a good show but my mates Turbo murdered it through the gears all day long. Those mid-engined rally versions though… incredible.

Back