• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2023/24

As is the news today that the Saudi national team are going to play 2 games at St James'
Against England? Hopefully?

Otherwise it's about as thinly veiled as it gets.

Fucking shameless.

Will they "pay" Newcastle several millions of pounds for the privilege?

I can see it - while they keep ploughing bonkers money into their project they’ll do what they want, when they want, as everyone is on the take. Thoroughly depressing.

I'm watching the Sky documentary on Burnley. Listening to these clueless owners gives a real insight into what wankers like Shi are like in the boardroom or around football people. It's embarrassing

I wish the Super League had gone ahead. Fuck the big teams off and form a new league with a wage cap. Make it clear any player going to the SL won’t ever be allowed back and get some proper competition. Imagine a league where you can’t pick 5 of the top six at the start of the season and where relegation isn’t the end of the world. Might even get fairer application of VAR.

I'm watching the Sky documentary on Burnley. Listening to these clueless owners gives a real insight into what wankers like Shi are like in the boardroom or around football people. It's embarrassing
That first Sunderland documentary was a real eye opener for most. There was a sobering moment after the initial hilarity had subsided where you realised that your own club was probably just as bad or worse.

I wish the Super League had gone ahead. Fuck the big teams off and form a new league with a wage cap. Make it clear any player going to the SL won’t ever be allowed back and get some proper competition. Imagine a league where you can’t pick 5 of the top six at the start of the season and where relegation isn’t the end of the world. Might even get fairer application of VAR.
Well there is this little league over here that does parity pretty well...

Or we did until we let Miami sign Messi, Busquets, and Alba. From by far the worst team in the league to looking completely unbeatable almost overnight.

It's happening/affecting everywhere because the goal of these Bourgeois bastards is infinite profit growth, and the rest of it can get fucked as long as the number goes up.

I love that there’s a game on tomorrow night but because it got moved due to cricket scheduling and this is the UK it’s just not being shown anywhere. Football is so outdated in terms of coverage in this country it’s mad

lufc fined £150k by the FA regarding homophobic chanting at the fixture with Brighton & Hove Albion in March.

lufc fined £150k by the FA regarding homophobic chanting at the fixture with Brighton & Hove Albion in March.
Well the money we make on Podence should cover our fine after tomorrow then

Well the money we make on Podence should cover our fine after tomorrow then
As with the Chelsea chant we all know where the chants originate from and if our cctv is up to scratch they could pretty much identify every individual partaking and ban them.

Is it going to take them 6 months to ban him again?

Olga Carmona’s father passed away either during or just after the WC final. 😞

Back