• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The January 2024 "Will we actually sign a striker or just Che Adams/Kieffer Moore" Transfer Thread

The manager wanted a 9.
Yeah I know I said that, I guess I’m just someone that has learned to take these sort of disappointments on the chin as there’s not a lot I can do about it other than withdraw my support and I’m not ready to do that yet.

Which clubs are likely to go for Neto that have both the need and the funds?
Tbf, the sorts of clubs that will be in for him don't always have needs at the positions they buy.

PSG, Liverpool, City would be the big 3.

I wouldn't discount Spurs or Utd out either.
PSG is a possible, not sure he'd fit at City though, they're overloaded in that position, not that it's stopped them before.

Liverpool? They're well stocked going forward and I can't see them paying what we'd want anyway, though their style may change with a new manager.

United are a basket case, they may well do it without actually thinking about where he'd play or how.

I guess Spurs haven't spent the Kane money yet really, but he's a bit rich for their blood.

I think it's a lot like Neves, he's clearly a good player that would get in other teams, but do other teams appreciate the quality like we do? Plus his injury issues.

I think we'd want around 60million, but I can't see anyone paying that other than PSG or City.

1000038177.jpg

Ornstein has mentioned City are interested

PSG is a possible, not sure he'd fit at City though, they're overloaded in that position, not that it's stopped them before.

Liverpool? They're well stocked going forward and I can't see them paying what we'd want anyway, though their style may change with a new manager.

United are a basket case, they may well do it without actually thinking about where he'd play or how.

I guess Spurs haven't spent the Kane money yet really, but he's a bit rich for their blood.

I think it's a lot like Neves, he's clearly a good player that would get in other teams, but do other teams appreciate the quality like we do? Plus his injury issues.

I think we'd want around 60million, but I can't see anyone paying that other than PSG or City.

View attachment 9508
The big ones were both impact injuries. Another club wouldn't hold that as him being injury prone and he's come straight back form the hamstring injury firing on all cylinders again.

I think you'll see a decent overhaul of the Liverpool playing staff when Klopp goes. Good chance Salah chases the money, Gakpo hasn't really made it there yet, Dias in and out, Jota gets a lot of niggles, that'd seem a decent fit depending on who they employ as manager. Plus we can let them pay in 2030

I think you'll see a decent overhaul of the Liverpool playing staff when Klopp goes. Good chance Salah chases the money, Gakpo hasn't really made it there yet, Dias in and out, Jota gets a lot of niggles, that'd seem a decent fit depending on who they employ as manager. Plus we can let them pay in 2030
£60m and we'll make a DOUBLE SWOOP for Rhys Williams and Nat Phillips, £20m.

I see Phillips couldn't even get in the team for Celtic, they'll still sell him for 10mill + when the time comes I'm sure.

Arsenal will definitely happen. I’d go as far as saying the deal is probably almost done in Mendes’ head. If anyone else wants to join the “bidding war” then it will be music to his ears.

Arsenal will definitely happen. I’d go as far as saying the deal is probably almost done in Mendes’ head. If anyone else wants to join the “bidding war” then it will be music to his ears.

I could definitely see PSG happening. Ramos, Vitinha, Danilo & Nuno Mendes already there.

I read that earlier today. I like he says there are other factors at play than FFP and then most of the comments say something along the lines of it's important we stay within the rules. Shi has gaslit so many, ably assisted by LL, PTS Judah and Percy

Back