• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Not necessarily something I'm happy about as I'm currently undecided, but...

I've been offered an interview for a marketing graduate job in the centre of Birmingham which is £3k more than I'm currently earning but could rise to £6k more than I'm currently earning. Bearing in mind it could potentially mean that a 10 minute commute every morning turns into 40-50 minutes - do I go for the interview and see what happens, or do I just stick where I am? Bearing in mind I'm hoping the job I applied for in Stafford gets back to me as it appeals to me a lot more...

I've been offered an interview for a marketing graduate job in the centre of Birmingham which is £3k more than I'm currently earning but could rise to £6k more than I'm currently earning. Bearing in mind it could potentially mean that a 10 minute commute every morning turns into 40-50 minutes - do I go for the interview and see what happens, or do I just stick where I am? Bearing in mind I'm hoping the job I applied for in Stafford gets back to me as it appeals to me a lot more...

I think you should at least go for the interview and see what you think.

Yep never turn down an interview.

You can always turn down the job if you don't fancy it afterwards but I would always go for that initial conversation.

Like others have said, go for the interview, the more interviews you have the more confident you will be in attending them in the future.

Always go for it Sam. It might make you a better person, give you more skills, make your life more interesting, work with different people, broaden a few horizons and all of that.
Of course you could always ignore it and wonder what it might have been like....

My other half has managed to land himself an interview for a job that's an extra £5k than his current. It's in the same place as he works now, but I'm chuffed to bits for him as he absolutely loathes his current job - fingers crossed he gets it!

Talking of jobs...Currently studying Lean Manufacturing, have a presentation to give on Friday to upper management, once done i'm also looking at a hike in pay scale also! :)

Talking of jobs...Currently studying Lean Manufacturing, have a presentation to give on Friday to upper management, once done i'm also looking at a hike in pay scale also! :)

Do you know your 5 'S's?

My dad does some lean manufacturing jazz, well he tries, his job title was previously Lean Champion when he first got involves with it and that just sounded superb.

Do you know your 5 'S's?

My dad does some lean manufacturing jazz, well he tries, his job title was previously Lean Champion when he first got involves with it and that just sounded superb.

Yup very familiar with 5 "S", just revisiting it again this week, just kinda re-iterating what I learnt before.

What does bust my balls though, is the push back from production when you have a quality issue, it pisses me off incredibly and the lack of ownership (especially the place where I currently work) whenever there are quality issues....

Don't start me on fucking 5s, i work for a company that is obsessed with it and regularly rolls out the 5s nazis to see that it is adhered to.

Luckily i have been long seen as a lost cause.

Apparently, I'm going camping, fishing, and Wolves watching in Penkridge tomorrow after work.

Putting 2 and 2 together I can only assume this is where our Penk came from.

Apparently, I'm going camping, fishing, and Wolves watching in Penkridge tomorrow after work.

So a Summer vacation from dudley is....Penkridge ?? Its a good walk from the hotel to the beach :)

ps. Where are you fishing ?

So a Summer vacation from dudley is....Penkridge ?? Its a good walk from the hotel to the beach :)

ps. Where are you fishing ?

Normally we just go to Bewdley so splashing out this time :D

At the camping place. My Dad said it has 5 pools. We go with the kids and that, not too serious.

Penk lives. Born and Bred. I assume you're going to Pillaton?

I have no idea mate, only spoke to him briefly before work. He just mentioned 5 pools so I guess you know which place he means.

Yeh he means Pillaton, be careful who you talk to over there, they are all married to their own first cousins and if they refer to a relative as 'Uncle Dad' do not be suprised :)

Back