• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Worst Kits Thread

Sounds like semantics to me.

There have been some real crackers for Keepers kits over the years. Campos of Mexico was the worst-These all set off migraines!
campos 1.jpg
campos 2.jpg
campos 3.jpg
campos 4.jpg

ScotlandASS8991a-G8.gif

Yellow on white doesn't go.

dsc_12617_1_1.jpg

The bird$#@! kit.

29.+west+brom+away.jpg

$#@!ing lol. Legend has it that Bobby Gould had input into this one when he was manager. Wanted them to be inspired by Melchester Rovers. They got relegated to the third tier.

cropandgreyscale

A current day one. Dear Sheffield Wednesday, can you stop looking like Ipswich please? Thanks.

latest

Looks like a 1990s inkjet printer has flipped its lid and gone off one one.

That sandwell kit always reminded me of cheese & onion crisps

Sounds like semantics to me.

Not really, "they play in stripes traditionally" and "they are not wearing stripes" is not a semantic debate. It's an either/or question.

In of itself it's still not a very good kit, it looks cheap as fuck, but beyond anything else it isn't a Sheffield Wednesday kit. No more than it would look like a Wolves kit if we suddenly adopted a massive black sash across the middle of our shirt, or decided to play in gold and black quarters.

Not really, "they play in stripes traditionally" and "they are not wearing stripes" is not a semantic debate. It's an either/or question.

In of itself it's still not a very good kit, it looks cheap as $#@!, but beyond anything else it isn't a Sheffield Wednesday kit. No more than it would look like a Wolves kit if we suddenly adopted a massive black sash across the middle of our shirt, or decided to play in gold and black quarters.

None of that would bug me but hey ho.

It would bug the living fuck out of me. We don't have that shit. Pinstripes annoys me. Quarters would send me raging!

We have got a big vertical gold sash on our away kit. The only reason I don't like it.

Semantics. A sash could be a diagonal stripe.

Still waiting on the pink/white bars as a throwback away kit for Wolves.

Also you can do what you want with away kits and they can be judged on their own individual merit.

Home kits are sacrosanct. Or should be.[/QUOTE

Totally agree, although my preference for wolves away would be all white with a bit of trim on collars cuffs etc.

Prefer home and away without advertising as well, hey, we don't even need the £4,000,000 these days or whatever the deal is.

Shirt sponsorship is a key element to income for FFP purposes, and will become more so as a top flight club as we will be able to charge a lot more for it.

Was only a couple of hundred thousand for the loan sharks on our shirt fronts wasn't it?

Leicester's leaked new away kit.

a17564c9fa7df886853adf1388e487aa.jpg

Fuck me...I hope they don't give us anything like that!

Leicester's leaked new away kit.

a17564c9fa7df886853adf1388e487aa.jpg

Actually if that was "old gold" and the darker bits were black it would be a modern take on the famous "tyre tread" shirt :devilsmile:

Back