• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

We're On A Road To Nowhere...

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
If we did the weird "keep Lage to the World Cup break" theory, I reckon we would go:

West Ham L
Chelsea L
Forest W
Palace L
Leicester D
Brentford L
Brighton L
Arsenal L

Giving us a mighty 10 points from 15 games.

If you sack him then...whoever comes in needs 25-30 from 23 games just to keep us up. Then you have to consider - a lot of good managers will not want to take over a team anchored near the bottom. We cannot chuck weeks away, it's insane.

I cannot see a genuine case for us winning any other game there other than Leicester, and that depends on their situation in a month or so's time.

We're sleepwalking into a raging fire.

But would be interested to see others' predictions, assuming we don't change the manager.

6 points
Beat Leicester, draw with Forest, Brentford and Brighton. Lose the other 4
I think 2 losses and a draw with Forest does for him though, it has to doesn't it?

Bizarrely someone just put that on the jukebox in the pub I'm in, followed by I guess that's why they call it the blues, also apt

Someone has some excellent musical taste. I'm not sure I know any local pubs that still have jukeboxes :D

We had 11 from 15 in 2003/4. 14 from 15 in 2011/12.

Best I see is draws with forest, Leicester, West Ham and Brentford, we may spawn a win out of one of those, but that’d involve us scoring goals, I mean come on, realms of fantasy there.

I hate you sometimes, Herr Deutsch because I thought I'd come and rebuke some of this negativity, being such a positive person.

Then I read it. And I can't disagree with any of it.

Fuck's sake.

Got our official wedding photos back yesterday and they're incredible so there's always that.

I hate you sometimes, Herr Deutsch because I thought I'd come and rebuke some of this negativity, being such a positive person.

Then I read it. And I can't disagree with any of it.

Fuck's sake.

Got our official wedding photos back yesterday and they're incredible so there's always that.
I really don't like being negative. I've even started drafting a piece about how puzzlingly good we were at points under Colin Lee. Yeah, I'm supposed to be writing again. Even though I don't think I'm very good. It's a muddle.

I can't be positive though when there are no positives.

Still, good news about the Chocolate Oranges.

Didn’t we win 6 -1 away at Bristol City the first game under Colin Lee, after we finally got rid of McGhee?
I think we won 5 - 1 there the season before.
No wonder they are a bit wary of playing us down in Brizzle. Happy days.
As for the here and now, unfortunately I think we might just scrape enough points from the games against West Ham, Forest, and Leicester to keep Our Leader in place until the World Cup break.
Problem is I never want us to lose, even for the bigger picture.

We beat Bristol City 5-1 away in November 1994 and then didn't play them away again until November 1998, which was indeed 6-1 and Colin Lee's first game. We beat them 4-1 there under Solbakken too. And they haven't won here since 1931.

I said it after the Newcastle game - if right near the end you could guarantee me "they score this free kick and we'll lose, but we sack him before you get home later", I'd have had to seriously ponder that one.

I think we draw with West Ham and beat Forest in a similar vein to Saints as they are garbage.

That will buy him another 2-3 games, where the same thing will probably happen again.

So then we end up sticking with him to the WC where bumbling at just over a PPG is seen as “turning a corner” because “he didn’t have a striker” etc.

But hopefully the club see that being in a relegation battle isn’t good and fuck him off. A 0-0 and a loss might do it before hand, two losses should definitely you’d expect.

I think if West Ham beat us comfortably, a 2 or 3 nil win and we aren't in the game, that will be the end for him. A battling 1 goal defeat and I think he stays on longer.

Barring a huge upturn in form (unlikely), surely he will be gone by the World Cup but then I thought he was toast in the summer and every week of this season so far!

I think if West Ham beat us comfortably, a 2 or 3 nil win and we aren't in the game, that will be the end for him. A battling 1 goal defeat and I think he stays on longer.
It's unlikely given that West Ham have only scored 3 goals the same as us, and we don't concede many outside of the elite teams in the division.

The most optimistic prediction I’d have is getting 9 points from those that leaves us on a ppg and still unacceptable I think we’ll be around 11 points and in the bottom 3. The problem occurs if we pick up a scrappy unexpected point at West Ham or Chelsea it kicks the can down the street further.

I disagree but only in the sense I am not confident we beat Forest. They keep throwing games away and letting teams back in games, and I am not confident we could win even against them if we went a goal down.

When you're in a position to actively root against the success of your team (in the short term), things have already gotten out of hand.

The world needed another Bruno Lage thread.

He should have gone at the end of last season.

We will win 4, draw 2…out of spite.

Back