• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

West Ham 0 v 1 Wolves: The Verdict Thread

Boozad

Numbnuts / Moderator
Reaction score
Totally comfortable all bar a few minutes here and there and should have wrapped it up much earlier. Great to have the first win on the board and West Ham are fucking shit.

Fire away.

Totally comfortable all bar a few minutes here and there and should have wrapped it up much earlier. Great ot have the first win on the board and West Ham are $#@!ing $#@!.

Fire away.

Nice summary. Close the thread lol

Totally comfortable all bar a few minutes here and there and should have wrapped it up much earlier. Great ot have the first win on the board and West Ham are fucking shit.

Fire away.

Spot on report. Fine team performance we should have wrapped up earlier. Moutinho my motm although Bennett and Boly were awesome.

well deserved overall. great to get that first win before the break. a few slight sub standard performances.

Excellent win. Must say I think Ryan Bennett was superb again, born to defend that lad.

Personally, I thought it was our worst performance of the season. We looked totally flat for the first hour - but 60 - 90 minutes the game opened up a bit and we started to create a few chances.

Traore doesn't score his goal and it goes down as a terrible cameo from him. He didn't pass the ball once and lost it more or less every time he had it. Thankfully he kept going and got his goal and for that I give him enormous credit (even if it doesn't absolve him of any criticism).

Neves had possibly his worst game in a Wolves shirt. His passing was all over the place - but again, he put a couple of decent passes together in the last 10 minutes that helped a) get us in to a goal scoring position to win the game and b) miss a total sitter with Raul.

The form of Jota/Costa is a worry. Bar the City game, neither of them have got up to speed this season as it stands.

Patricio was my MOTM today. Made a superb save from Antonio's header and took one in the face from point blank range when Arny had turned Coady inside & out. Kept us in the game today and had he not made those saves, we would not be celebrating 3 points right now. What a signing.

Delighted to get a win. Was certainly frustrated during the game itself with large portions of our performance, but we kept going and got the three points - which is what we needed going in to the international break.

That'll give us some belief now. Better side but Jota and Costa muscled off the ball too easily at times.

Great first win, we looked comfortable for much of the match and then gave them some chances. Great save by Rui, with his face. Nice goal from Adama too.

There's something I don't like about Adama though, he seems too sticky with the ball, not freeing it up when he can and tries to get through more players than he can chew. Something to work on, I guess.

Personally I thought it was a relatively even game that definitely could have gone either way. Both Fabianski and Patricio made some great saves.

Difference was the subs. Traore and Bonatini both made a difference when they came on. Of West Ham's subs only Pedro Obiang really did anything of note.

The goal is brilliant in three parts; first from Ruben to win it, then Bonatini to hold it up properly and play the pass, and then Traore for the good first touch and exquisite near post finish.

Jota looks nothing like the player last season, and i thought Boly had a few scary moments .

Traore doesn't score his goal and it goes down as a terrible cameo from him. He didn't pass the ball once and lost it more or less every time he had it. Thankfully he kept going and got his goal and for that I give him enormous credit (even if it doesn't absolve him of any criticism).

Truly, Jinks, I think you need to watch his time on the pitch over again.

Traore flipping passed it doc for his chance for one example.

Some of the criticism of Traore is bordering on bonkers. Yes he's not the most complete player, but he is by far and away our most dangerous player and the opposition are terrified of him.

Good finish too.

I thought we edged it based on the chances created. Very comfortable first half but struggled to create. Only when West Ham opened up more did we get clear chances. Doherty was much more involved and played a great ball in to Raul, who needs to hang his head in shame.

Traore was too often holding on to the ball for too long but put a good cross in for Leo, and then linked up with him again for a great low smash into the near post. Flapianski will be annoyed but it was hit nice and hard.

Overall just about deserved three points. We could have lost it but for Rui, and he's probably the signing of the season so far. Already saved us three or four points in the last two games alone.

Truly, Jinks, I think you need to watch his time on the pitch over again.

I watched it just fine, thanks. He stuck one cross to the back post which was a nice piece of play - and every other time he didn't get his head up and tried to take on too many players when most of the time there was a pass on. Like I say, I'm pleased he turned it around and got the goal - but Nuno will be all over him in training.

Raul needs a goal, terribly. He'll probably relax and play better when that is out of the way.

He put two or three good crosses in and scored the winner. Yes he held on to the ball for too long but I'm sure Nuno will fix that.

Many said after Leicester we'd play much worse and win.

We didn't know it would only be two weeks till then.

Few individual performances were off but our opponents dictated we didn't need to be on it. These players will have weights tied to their ankles to keep them grounded and in two weeks we're stronger still with Dendoncker and hopefully Cavaleiro back.

I watched it just fine, thanks. He stuck one cross to the back post which was a nice piece of play - and every other time he didn't get his head up and tried to take on too many players when most of the time there was a pass on. Like I say, I'm pleased he turned it around and got the goal - but Nuno will be all over him in training.
He played a legit pass inside to someone at least once, might have been Doherty or Moutinho, his performance was pretty appalling so you really don't need to lie to prove the point.

If that's how you feel about Traore then I'd hate to hear you rip Jota and Costa, who have been even worse in that regard this season so far.

Back