• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

West Ham United (A) FA Cup build up 9/1/16

Lycan

Proud Resident of Coventry
Reaction score
Our last ever visit to the Boleyn Ground.

Ikeme

Doherty Batth EEL Golbourne

Price Coady

Byrne Wallace Zyro

Sigurdarson​

SUBS: McCarey, Iorfa, Edwards, le Fondre, McDonald, Afobe, Graham

I think Iorfa needs a rest, some very simple errors creeping into his game. Price to come in for McDonald who has played a lot of football recently and is looking a shadow of his former self. The front four are either new or have a lot to prove, this the time to give those on the fringes a chance to impress.

Looking at West Ham today I expect no Valencia as he'll be rested with him hamstring and now Lanzini will not figure, he just limped out of the game.

There is one thing else for sure, Batth and EEL will face their toughest test too date 'Andy Carroll'

Andy Carroll is going to destroy Batth and EEL...

Surely Jelavic is more likely to play?

I think West Ham will go for it and want a good cup run

Ikeme

Doherty
Batth
Ebanks-Landell
Golbourne

Price
Saville

Byrne
Zyro
Siggy

Le Fondre

Subs: McCarey, Iorfa, Wallace, McDonald, Coady, Afobe, Graham

Maybe replace Saville with Evans, or make it a three in midfield now

Last edited:
I think West Ham will go for it and want a good cup run

Or they will look at the league table and think they will never have a better chance of getting into the top four. In which case they may make wholesale changes.

I'd go with YW's team at the back but change the mid:

Price. McDonald

Zyro Wallace Byrne

Siggy​

Last edited:
I'd like to see Evans, Wallace, Siggy, Byrne and Zyro all involved in their best or close to it positions:
Ikeme
Doherty
Batth
EEL
Golbourne

Zyro
Evans
Price
Byrne

Wallace

Siggy

Ikeme

Iorfa - Batth - EEL - Golbourne

Price - Evans

Byrne - Wallace - Graham

ALF

That's the team I'd like to see us put out, but it'll never happen!

Having got my cut price tickets for Cardiff, hopefully we will get a reduction for the cup replay against the Hammers,
supporting on the cheap ay I

Quite strange that siggy appears to have overtaken ALF in the pecking order for some.

Quite strange that siggy appears to have overtaken ALF in the pecking order for some.

Maybe he thinks Siggy is more suited the style (no style) we are employing currently...or maybe he's putting him in the shop window...or is that too cynical?

Maybe he thinks Siggy is more suited the style (no style) we are employing currently...or maybe he's putting him in the shop window...or is that too cynical?

Think he means with fans putting Bjorn in the team for West Ham over Alfie.

I personally went for Sigurdarson as he's still got a lot to prove at this stage whereas Alfie is a known quantity. Sigurdarson could have a stormer against Hammers and fight his way back into the team again. If Alfie plays well he'll be back on the bench vs Fulham as Ken can't seem to fit him into the same team as Afobe without the rest of the team falling apart at the seems.

Our last ever visit to the Boleyn Ground.

Ikeme

Doherty Batth EEL Golbourne

Price Coady

Byrne Wallace Zyro

Sigurdarson​

SUBS: McCarey, Iorfa, Edwards, le Fondre, McDonald, Afobe, Graham

I think Iorfa needs a rest, some very simple errors creeping into his game. Price to come in for McDonald who has played a lot of football recently and is looking a shadow of his former self. The front four are either new or have a lot to prove, this the time to give those on the fringes a chance to impress.

This is my team bar Iorfa for Doherty (Doherty up against Antonio again, no ta), Saville instead of Coady (may as well give him a game) and I'd play Emi if he's fit. I suspect Zyro would be on the right and Byrne on the left if we did go that way.

Graham is 50/50 for this game. Wouldn't risk him at all.

Back