• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-2 QPR: The Verdict

Sky's efl show - Doherty jogging back for the first goal, and Mackie has hold of prices shirt for the second but Edwards just stood there appealing and should have tried to get over and involved once price was down.

Batths so slow to react on both goals.

I was really impressed with Bright today btw, especially in te second half. His touch is fantastic, just a shame he couldn't finish his chance.

I was really impressed with Bright today btw, especially in te second half. His touch is fantastic, just a shame he couldn't finish his chance.

I thought he had a poor first half and lambert took him off just as he started to influence the match. Thought taking him off when we did was poor management tbh.

Bright should have done better with his finish but he showed great strength and a nice touch in the build up

Pleasing to hear, it's a great chance for him to get experience and confidence in the first team.

It was a real mixture with Bright some bad and some good but the good bits were very impressive sort of thing you expect from the likes of Costa. Let's hope we can help him realise his potential he has bags of it.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I thought he had a poor first half and lambert took him off just as he started to influence the match. Thought taking him off when we did was poor management tbh.

Thing is, i thought he was decent in the 1st half without the ball! i watched him find some great spaces but then our players invariably didnt pass to him.
Wish he would leather the fucking ball when infront of goal too, quite a few times now hes tried to sidefoot it past the keeper with zero power.

Just stole this off twitter shows how heavily Price involved and how little Edwards
d0a40de35296f90a4c67d335a8175a31.jpg

Really interesting piece of analysis (assuming it's accurate). Also shows how poor our right hand side was, limited interaction between Coady and Costa.

Also highlights Dicko's limited volume of touches. He needs more time on the ball/Wolves need a striker who gets himself more involved.

Coady didn't support as well but was in position defensively whereas Doc was just all over the place. Costa seemed to drop deeper quite a lot to get the ball. Looks pretty accurate to me from what I saw today. As a CM Edwards contribution is just nowhere near enough and this has to be addressed by Lambert.

As much as some here feel Ikeme can be improved upon (and he can, much as I like him he's not a world-beater by any means), I think it's harsh to put any of our recent concessions to him. Gigi fucking Buffon wouldn't be able to save us from this backline.

I think he could have come for the corner that Bristol city scored Alan, and come out quicker for their second today, so thats two in the last two games he could have done a lot better.

Just stole this off twitter shows how heavily Price involved and how little Edwards
d0a40de35296f90a4c67d335a8175a31.jpg

Part of the problem with Costa and Coady however, was that he kept cutting inside quite a fair bit (particularly in the first half)

I think he could have come for the corner that Bristol city scored Alan, and come out quicker for their second today, so thats two in the last two games he could have done a lot better.

If you want to be really critical he went down to early for Bristol's first too. You all know my views on concrete boots. He is a bog standard championship keeper who does not command his six yard box, communicates poorly with 2 centre backs who themselves are positionally poor and ability limited. It really is a poor combination.

Our defending is appalling.
For the second goal, Price, Edwards,Doherty, Stearman, Baath and Ikeme should all have done better to prevent the goal.
That is six players who failed to do their defensive jobs and that isn't good enough.

Our defending is appalling.
For the second goal, Price, Edwards,Doherty, Stearman, Baath and Ikeme should all have done better to prevent the goal.
That is six players who failed to do their defensive jobs and that isn't good enough.

Bang on. Must win the award for Most Preventable Goal of the Year. And why is Price doing Doherty's job for the first goal?

Bang on. Must win the award for Most Preventable Goal of the Year. And why is Price doing Doherty's job for the first goal?

Again, we slag off the defence too much. Just bad luck that a couple of ricochets went Bristol City's way. The real issue is that we dominated them but only managed to score 1 goal.

Again, we slag off the defence too much. Just bad luck that a couple of ricochets went Bristol City's way. The real issue is that we dominated them but only managed to score 1 goal.

I wasn't exonerating the attack, but we can't be in a position where we need to score 2 or 3 every game to win. And yes, new striker clearly needed in January. My personal feeling is that Dicko won't ever be back to the player he was and the stats state quite simply that both he and Bod are not good enough

I wasn't exonerating the attack, but we can't be in a position where we need to score 2 or 3 every game to win. And yes, new striker clearly needed in January. My personal feeling is that Dicko won't ever be back to the player he was and the stats state quite simply that both he and Bod are not good enough

The fact that both currently make one Kevin Doyle look prolific says everything. Frazier Campbell please.

How QPR won that game I'll never know, not saying that we deserved to win tho. Looking at those stats a lot of our shots on target were straight down the keepers throats from distance.
How on earth the second went in is beyond me it looked like there was no real danger.
I think we're all desperate to find the form he had before his injury but how much more time do you give him?
Centre half, right back and striker ASAP this month.
On Bright he had an up and down game but you can tell he will develop into a good player eventually, should have scored first half all he had to do was elevate his shot slightly as the keeper was already going to ground.

Back