• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2 - 0 Cardiff: A perfect rebound verdict thread

Saïss motm. He was excellent.

This.

Saiss was superb, best passing accuracy, won most the most headers and made the most clearemces. He was class today.

Traore's best game for Wolves and Vinagre was quality as well but the fact that Cardiff are dog really allowed the wingback to dominate.

A most enjoyable afternoon. We're a class above Cardiff, we scored in our first attack and it was sublime. The 2nd was ruthlessly punishing an error and thats exactly what good teams do.

Cardiff looked lost after our first goal. There was no Warnock shithousing and tbh they looked beaten very early on. I'd be very worried if I was a Cardiff fan.

Vinagre was excellent and my MOTM although Saiss was superb and I was delighted by Traore, easily the best I've seen him and the reception he got when he was subbed was heart warming - he earned it.

A very professional display showing just how far ahead of Cardiff we are, and it was great to meet up with so many awesome forum folks.

Traore, easily the best I've seen him and the reception he got when he was subbed was heart warming - he earned it.

Yeah was glad that the crowd got behind him today, not really heard the Traore chant used much before but it was a few times today then plus the applause as he went off.

Deserved it as you say

Yeah was glad that the crowd got behind him today, not really heard the Traore chant used much before but it was a few times today then plus the applause as he went off.

Deserved it as you say

Got applauded by Nuno more than once & given a very good reception when he came off - if only he could shoot straight that could have been a MoTM performance

Thought he might "give us a wave" the grumpy old git :D
Tbf, a lot of the ground had spent quite a bit of time singing about Nuno shagging his wife. Can see why he might not want to give us a wave.

After all these years that might be the last time we see the old wanker at Molineux.

Tbf, a lot of the ground had spent quite a bit of time singing about Nuno shagging his wife. Can see why he might not want to give us a wave.

After all these years that might be the last time we see the old wanker at Molineux.

Yeah haha, good point :icon_lol:

Yep solid performance, men against boys and think that everyone has summed the game up perfectly.

Moment of the match for me that summed up the commitment, was Docs normal mazy run and interpassing from the right and when ball squirmed out to the left, he had the legs to recover and recycle the ball.
If he’s not in the Peem team of the year then the worlds gone mad

Oh my MOM Vinagre....he’s that audacious he actually takes the piss ��

Doc's Cruyff turn in the middle was good too. Looked very up for it when he came on.

This.

Saiss was superb, best passing accuracy, won most the most headers and made the most clearemces. He was class today.

Traore's best game for Wolves and Vinagre was quality as well but the fact that Cardiff are dog really allowed the wingback to dominate.

Thought Saiss was immence, brilliant defensive display and a nice range of passing too.

Surprised when Nuno sent out the reserves - and lined up that way - and very pleasantly surprised indeed by how they performed. I think he got that spot-on after Tuesday. This is how we're supposed to look against bottom-half sides - a class apart. First goal was a work of art. Adama looked significantly improved, if still a work in progress, and Vinagre's going to be a real asset once he completes his education.

I have got to say that I don't even know if Nuno would have got Cardiff promotion. (I'm not suggesting he's better than Nuno)
As for the game yeah we dominated it was a walk in the park after the first 10 minutes we could and should have had a couple more than we did.
Vinagre is something else and Traore is absolutely something else but god knows what it is he released the ball far better today and scared the shit out of em.

Saiss for me was MOTM though I would dearly like to turn the clock back to Huddersfield and put him in the starting line-up

Good day. Nuno got his tactics spot on.

Vinagre MOtM for me, his work rate, pace and ability on the ball were top class, just lacking a goal to make it a truly great display. Saiss was also top drawer and the Cardiff spirit was doused when we scored that sumptuous first goal.

The pressing by the front pair for the second goal was also brilliant. Would've been a better score line had Etheridge not made three great saves.

Vinagre MOTM. Team superb.

Pleased to hear there was a positive match thread. Wonders will never fucking cease.

Sorry we left Boho pretty sharpish, I don't know whether it was a dodgy Subway or the cold that got to me in the second half but I suddenly felt really shit!

Traore was good, easily his best game for us so far. His runs were crippling Cardiff and he could have scored two and could have made a couple. Saiss was excellent, so were Boly, Donck and Coady, Jota and Jimenez were firing again but my MoTM is Vinagre, he was fucking outstanding and is getting better all the time. Said it in the pub after the game but I wouldn't be unhappy if he kept his place, he had a great game. Doherty played really well when he came on as well, but how come Jota was subbed when he was? Injury?

Looked like a load of trouble by Kwik Fit on the Stafford Road as well after the game, bellends.

Apparently Nuno said the Jota sub was tactical. Seems an odd one after like a minute of the 2nd half. Be happy if it is though as we could do with him having a real stretch without getting knocked (maybe asking a bit given how he plays)

I can kind of understand it as Doc gave Bennett a bit more help - it did seem Cardiff were targeting that side more, probably to try and get Bennett sent off.

I disagree about Vinagre tbh - am a fan but Peltier barely tried to get around him and had no support on his side further forward so Vinagre was relatively untested defensively. Jonny's far, far, better defensively and we will need him the next few.

It was good management putting Vinagre and Traore at wb for this game but I doubt Vinagre would cope defensively against a top team (yet) and Traore definately wouldn't

It was good management putting Vinagre and Traore at wb for this game but I doubt Vinagre would cope defensively against a top team (yet) and Traore definately wouldn't

Vinagre managed just fine against City last season.

Back