• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves all time XI - One player per country

So far I have
3-4-3

Williams - England
Boly - France
Saiss - Morroco
Munro- Scotland

Doherty - Ireland

Dendonker - Belgium

Doogan - NI
Jiminez - Mexico
Traore- Spain

Need left back, and CM

Well your CM is Neves or Moutinho (Portugal) - haven't thought of a LB yet

And Munro plays in the middle of the back 3 really

Well your CM is Neves or Moutinho (Portugal) - haven't thought of a LB yet

And Munro plays in the middle of the back 3 really

Nope, put Boly the middle
Could put Stuart at left.back.

Though Traore could be dropped and put Sako leaving jonny as left back

Pretty sure I can come up with a truly sickening worst team.

Lonergan

Ross
Thétis
Bassong
Camara

Dowe
Sanjuan
Van der Laan
Jonsson

Paskin
Frankowski

Crazy Walter can be manager (and change the team every week)

and no room for robert taylor

Had to go with Lonners in goal, well him or Lange and they're both English.

Paul Jones had his moments in his first spell and Postma was nothing like as bad as people make out (plus I'd rather have Blobin from the Netherlands, what a load of shit he was)

Had to go with Lonners in goal, well him or Lange and they're both English.

Paul Jones had his moments in his first spell and Postma was nothing like as bad as people make out (plus I'd rather have Blobin from the Netherlands, what a load of shit he was)

good point, i'd totally forgot about the one from each country. #gettingold

Oh just Googled 13 appearances in 3 years no wonder it didn't ring a bell( the last year '69 on loan at Villa) It were going to be this vague why not pick big Shaka with his one guest appearance there's Trinidad covered :)

Think I saw all of those appearances, Paul and he's always stuck in my mind. Now if we'd wanted vague I'd have gone Chick Brodie (Eng) in goal!

Think I saw all of those appearances, Paul and he's always stuck in my mind. Now if we'd wanted vague I'd have gone Chick Brodie (Eng) in goal!

I tip my hat to you Sir, I cannot remember yesterday :)

Ikeme
Muscat-DeWolf-Pollet-Johnny
Rae-Moutinho-Sako
Keane-Bull-Dougan

Moutinho's gonna be busy lol

Ikeme?

I'd rather have Hahnemann as there are no other Americans in there (could have Hennessey too, no other Welshmen). Sure we all backed Carl in his fight and he's a good man but he was a rubbish keeper.

Ikeme?

I'd rather have Hahnemann as there are no other Americans in there (could have Hennessey too, no other Welshmen). Sure we all backed Carl in his fight and he's a good man but he was a rubbish keeper.

I've been in Ireland 20 years, so saw very little of Ikeme or Hahnemann, so went with the former. Saw a bit more of Hennessey, but don't rate him tbh.

Ikeme?

Like me was not a rubbish keeper, sure he had some faults but actually he was a very good keeper.
He would not have stayed in this team but for where we were he was a good keeper.

Like me was not a rubbish keeper, sure he had some faults but actually he was a very good keeper.
He would not have stayed in this team but for where we were he was a good keeper.

Are you Paddy's second login?

He was pap. Could never stay fit and there used to be untold horror show goals against us every season. 2015/16 was particularly dreadful.

Even as a team lumbering around in lower mid-table in the Championship he was a very obvious point where we could have easily improved. A keeper with no discernible strengths to his game.

Didn't Ruddy come in prior to Ikeme's diagnosis? Therefore we'd decided to replace him anyway. Sort of a Lambert signing even though he'd left by then

Back