• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Aston Villa (H) build up thread

I don't think we can afford Mason and Edwards in the same midfield. We can only afford one anonymous midfielder in open play.

I don't think we can afford Mason and Edwards in the same midfield. We can only afford one anonymous midfielder in open play.

I actually think Edwards has been better than Price so far, made some great tackles. Mason taking up decent positions, just overall poor in possession unfortunately

Coady hasn't been great this half but think he was composed just then. Ball over the top, lobbed over Ikeme and Coady nods it away. Poor clearance mind.

Could do with some sodding composure on the ball here, we're dangerous on the break but it's proper panic stations from Coady in particular when he gets it

three good things from coady now though in the last five mins..maybe we should critizise some more wolves players?

Yeah, I've not been massively impressed with Price so far (not sure I'm allowed to say that I'm here :) )

Price hasn't been as good as in recent games. Mainly giving the ball away and getting caught out of position.

Good first 15 mins. Average last 30, and probably should be going in level.

Price a bit off today but Mason has been superb really clever not only in possession but with his movement. Dicko should have put one on for Cav but chose to turn and lost the ball. Coady has done well too.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Breathless half really, could do with settling down a bit but quick breaks are our best chance of a second goal. I'd think about Bod for Dicko with so many crosses and long balls going on. We should probably involve our fullbacks a bit more in or attacks as Costa and Cav are getting swamped

I'd go with that. None of our midfielders have been good on the ball. Could do with somebody dominant in midfield to control the game.

Only Saville on the bench though. I think we miss Evans this week. Saying that Villa are shocking and we deserve to be winning. Sort out our midfield and Dicko's decision making and I think we win this at a canter

We will need another goal some of our positioning at the back makes me anxious.

Fairly pleased. We were doing good job of harassing them and after goal sat off a little bit too much; we are better when we win the ball high up the pitch

I'd like to see a lot more control through midfield. And I understand you're desperate for a goal, Nouha, but if there's someone in a better position then you, pass for the good of the team.

Price putting in a performance that shows me why some people don't rate him.

He has had a poor first half.

Joe Mason playing well but Nouha looking a bit lost imo.

We will need another goal some of our positioning at the back makes me anxious.

absolutely, I was gonna write that too

Another example of Dicko being desperate, missed a chance to put someone through and blazed over from a tight angle

Back