• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Best Wolves Signings Ever - other than Bully

For excitement - Fletcher & Doyle. I remember bringing my mate to the friendly at Bohs in 2010 and he said 'Fletcher will be a goal machine for you'
He wasn't far off.

Best signing - Obvs Bull & Thommo, but SEB would be my pick as best signing. Absolute goal machine in our promotion season, a proper number 9 who you could rely on. I used to love the songs we had for him too.

Most exciting : David Wagstaffe.

Best: Frank Munro.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Yeah, Gregory was in the stands that night. Got booed when he got shown on the video walls.

The tragedy is that Bully and Keano never got to form a proper partnership. They looked absolutely dynamite together at the start of 98/99.
I still remember the feeling at Villa Park when I found out McGhee had left them both on the bench against Arsenal in the FA Cup semi final in order to get Steve Claridge into the team.

I still remember the feeling at Villa Park when I found out McGhee had left them both on the bench against Arsenal in the FA Cup semi final in order to get Steve Claridge into the team.
Huh, I remember that. Had travelled up from Southampton for the game and it was a real non-event thanks to McGhee and his stupid picks.

I remember Andy Grey signing his contract by the side of the pitch......so excited!
I agree with Frank - Munro was a brilliant signing.

Just read Mike Bailey's book "The Valley Wanderer" smashing, and he still as a great respect for the club. What a player and a proper captain too.

Back