• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brighton 3-3 Wolves: Verdict Thread

I think the main posters on this site need to develop a sense of humour & stop looking for perceived slights (being the King of posts is not a good look). I might be guilty of not liking criticism in some respects but I am astounded as to how few of you ever agree with me & why disagreement with me is so condescending - treating me like an interloper who knows nothing. I have just rewatched the highlights & Moutinho was responsible for the penalty & gave away the fairly needless corner that led to the 3rd goal. He marked no one as that corner was taken - maybe his pre-arranged positioning admittedly. For the avoidance of doubt Moutinho cost Wolves 2 points tonight. Should have been 3 points not 1. I do not think that is controversial & worthy of smart-assed comment. ;)
Mate, I think pretty much everyone thought Joao's penalty was very poor from such a quality, experienced player, I suspect it was more down to tiredness than anything and for me thats on Nuno expecting too much from a player getting towards the end of his career. He still has plenty to offer though and I think the reason a few have piled in is that you've blamed him for the whole game and some previous games when a lot of the time it wasn't anything to do with him. If you look hard enough you'll find a mistake by lots of player that eventually lead to a goal against.

Mate, I think pretty much everyone thought Joao's penalty was very poor from such a quality, experienced player, I suspect it was more down to tiredness than anything and for me thats on Nuno expecting too much from a player getting towards the end of his career. He still has plenty to offer though and I think the reason a few have piled in is that you've blamed him for the whole game and some previous games when a lot of the time it wasn't anything to do with him. If you look hard enough you'll find a mistake by lots of player that eventually lead to a goal against.
OK - that is a valid opinion. I think he has lost a yard of pace - maybe he will get it back & we are currently short on options.

I think the main posters on this site need to develop a sense of humour & stop looking for perceived slights (being the King of posts is not a good look). I might be guilty of not liking criticism in some respects but I am astounded as to how few of you ever agree with me & why disagreement with me is so condescending - treating me like an interloper who knows nothing. I have just rewatched the highlights & Moutinho was responsible for the penalty & gave away the fairly needless corner that led to the 3rd goal. He marked no one as that corner was taken - maybe his pre-arranged positioning admittedly. For the avoidance of doubt Moutinho cost Wolves 2 points tonight. Should have been 3 points not 1. I do not think that is controversial & worthy of smart-assed comment. ;)
In the interests of fairness Moutinho for sure gave the penalty away, but blaming him for the second goal is stretching it a bit. He wasn't in the group of 3 players that let Dunk have a free header from the corner. Any of those 3 could have headed it out. Saiss was ball watching!

No point, you have it in for João and nothing anybody says will make a difference.

Any sensible argument put it's coat and shoes on and fucked off at least 2 pages ago.
I don’t have it in for Moutinho - if you read my posts you will appreciate that. He is a yard off the pace at the moment - surely we can agree on that?

Ladies and Gents. My Whiskey bnottlebis going down so it’s time for Cyber go nite nite or I will end up posting proper bollocks! We fucked up tonight but we have the chance to redeem it in the second half of the season if we recruit well in January. That is key. In Nuno I trust. He is not infallible however

I will put it out there because I don’t really give two fucks

dw langers trips punts Booz kenny jabba keef seem to agree with each other lots . Langers and dw are the couple with the love in. DW seems to have forum immunity. Every cunt loves him 😘
Prawn PQ , me Norman Jinky Johnny 75 seem to be the other group especially after a Johnny lay off! Everyone deserves their opinion. Debate it , that’s fine. However there are times when rudeness, bullying and unnecessary shite gets bandied. I really thought as a pack we were better than that and in 2021 I will try to be

I have to say I don’t see a clique tbh (though I will join any that offer cake). I feel I can discuss, debate and argue with anyone there of either “side”.

DW is an intelligent guy and knows his stuff. Langers is a lovely bloke. Prawn takes it to far, but has some valid points. I’ve found myself agreeing with Johnny quite a bit since he came back. I’ve only found myself struggling with a couple of people that I find too extreme and have finally blocked someone, but in the main, the level of discussion on this forum is pretty good.

ive not met anyone on this forum in person either, so there’s no real world bias.

OK - that is a valid opinion. I think he has lost a yard of pace - maybe he will get it back & we are currently short on options.
Drop the hyperbole and you'll get a lot more concensus.

Moutinho gave away a stupid penalty which shifted the momentum of the game which ultimately led to a draw rather than a win - majority will agree

Moutinho has regressed over the last 12 months - the majority will agree

I now just watch games waiting for Moutinho to make a mistake - bollocks

Moutinho has cost us countless goals/games - bollocks.

Don't play the victim, just don't post exaggerated rubbish, or if you do at least attempt to substantiate it.

Am I wrong? Did he cost us 3 points or 2?

oh and as we’re Willy waving, I’ve supported Wolves since 1972 and I’m a current season ticket holder so is my opinion worth any less than yours for that extra 5 years you have on me?
Anybody would surely see I was talking about 3 points for a win. I am not writing an essay. I merely mention my Wolves history because you & others treat me like someone who has never seen Wolves play in their life. Some would say that my Wolves history is just interesting but in your view it is boasting?

Not sure he ever had any pace, he has probably lost some of his stamina and needs more recovery time, which is why I would have preferred him to get a rest. We are definitely short on options, after a couple of seasons of good luck with injuries, its bitten us in the arse this season, there is no team in the league that would cope very well with losing Raul, Boly, Donk, Jonny and Marcal. I don't agree with those that say its down to a poor transfer policy, no way do we get that many quality players in to sit on the bench just in case of injuries.

Agree with all that Tony. Moutinho is still an excellent player and has a role to play. He’s not perfect though, he doesn’t give us enough going forwards, and we need more. He’s also weak in the air given his height - I’d be happy if he had a bench role to influence games from there once we recruit.

Anybody would surely see I was talking about 3 points for a win. I am not writing an essay. I merely mention my Wolves history because you & others treat me like someone who has never seen Wolves play in their life. Some would say that my Wolves history is just interesting but in your view it is boasting?
I don't think history has much to do with it. I've been watching and supporting Wolves since 1971, but that doesn't matter a jot on a forum. It's to do with what you say. If it has merit people will agree, if not they won't and put up their opinion on it. Sometimes you won't like their opinion, or the way they come back at you. Std on forums since the beginning of the internet to be fair... I wouldn't be too troubled by it.

Needless penalty, not penalties. Also he didnt touch the Villa player, not sure how you can vilify him for an opposition player diving
Do not dangle the leg in the first place - thought it was harsh - but not as pathetic as Podence being punished for an offence Mings committed. The ref was crap. I am now ‘vilifying’ - blaming him actually - for the 3rd Brighton goal. Moutinho gives away needless corner. He needs to improve & quickly. I like Moutinho - he has done so much for Wolves - but there is no place for sentiment.

I don't think history has much to do with it. I've been watching and supporting Wolves since 1971, but that doesn't matter a jot on a forum. It's to do with what you say. If it has merit people will agree, if not they won't and put up their opinion on it. Sometimes you won't like their opinion, or the way they come back at you. Std on forums since the beginning of the internet to be fair... I wouldn't be too troubled by it.
I agree - I am just standing up for myself - it does not bother me in the slightest what people say - I could give back far worse but I will desist. I just would like to see some meaningful debate rather than slanging matches.

So you genuinely blame Joao for the sending off against Villa, not the referee or the Villa player who dived?
All three actually. But more annoyed by Mings foul on Podence. The wrong free kick decision leading to AV goal.

I agree - I am just standing up for myself - it does not bother me in the slightest what people say - I could give back far worse but I will desist. I just would like to see some meaningful debate rather than slanging matches.
We all can give back plenty, but on here it's pretty balanced. Try doing Twitter/Instagram/FB if you think it's bad here!

We all can give back plenty, but on here it's pretty balanced. Try doing Twitter/Instagram/FB if you think it's bad here!
Do you want a list of my Twitter bans?:) I am determined not to be overly rude on this site. Thing is I thought we were all Wolves fans - but you would never know!

Do not dangle the leg in the first place - thought it was harsh - but not as pathetic as Podence being punished for an offence Mings committed. The ref was crap. I am now ‘vilifying’ - blaming him actually - for the 3rd Brighton goal. Moutinho gives away needless corner. He needs to improve & quickly. I like Moutinho - he has done so much for Wolves - but there is no place for sentiment.
On your final point, I agree there is no place for sentiment for anyone. But come on mate, you described him as hapless a few pages back and costing us goals and games.

On the penalty tonight, yep 100% his fault.

On the third, I havent seen the goal back so if he does concede a needless corner, I'll take your word for it. But not sure you can blame him for the goal. 1 - it takes a huge deflection off Saiss, and 2 - players were there to deal with the corner.

Yes Dean was shit against Villa, but if Moutinho doesn't foul a player, then it's not on him he gets sent off. And the red card didnt cost us anything, we were already behind and he got sent off in the last minute

One (two in your opinion) error leading to a goal this evening doesn't make him hapless

Do you want a list of my Twitter bans?:) I am determined not to be overly rude on this site. Thing is I thought we were all Wolves fans - but you would never know!
Nah, you are good. I believe everyone is a Wolves fan on here, but everyone has a different personality on here too. Hard to figure that out until you are here for a while, unlike real life where you figure it out in the expression pretty quick.

Back