• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

England World Cup Squad

Simon Jordan destroys most of them when he is on. And I am not a huge fan of his. That Brazil "can't do it" comment was spectacular. The evidence of talking shit in front of him and still keeps on with saying the same bollocks. "Essextalksport" would be his tag if they had a forum.

Saunders to is just another Talkshite bullshit artist like Parlour or Quinn. Born with an ability to play football better than anyone on here, understands football less than most.

Who would be their target audience?

White van man. It is the Sun for the ears. With audio versions of page 3 with nice ladies to listen to.

I like Simon Jordan and he is one of, if not the most eloquent speakers on there (low bar I know).

Every manager's job available and Brazil suggests 'Big Sam may fancy it' or 'how aboot Davie Moyes'.

Laura Woods reviewing the papers after 7am except Brazil always cuts her off to switch over to his pal Henk Potts

How can you say we should pick players based on performances and then have your only argument be how many times they have played? Only reason they have both been playing is due to injury or the manager hating the other options. If you have seen Ashley Young play then you would know 'choosing Young based on performance' is pretty much an oxymoron.

I'm honestly horrified at our left-back options if Rose gets injured. Bertrand hasn't had his best year by a mile but should be in ahead of these two jokers.

Lets agree to Disagree
Every time i have seen Delph, and Young this season they have played well.
I agree regarding Bertrand, however he's gone with 2 players who could if we were really fucked cover other positions, Bertrand could not.
That's the trouble with 23 you need players who can play in more than one position Delph, and Young could. If they do need to do a job in midfield we are probably on the way home, but you do need cover.
I daresay if we had 24 players Bertrand would have made it

You've got to be going back two, possibly three years since Delph had any meaningful minutes in midfield. Even longer for Young playing anywhere other than full back, he hasn't been a winger for about five years. I don't think the versatility argument stands up with that pair. This isn't like Dier who fairly regularly switches between centre half and midfield for Spurs.

Butland

Walker Stones Maguire

Trippier Henderson Dyer Rose

Ali Lingard

Kane

england-xi-11b0cda8363d39da8bdb050961de9a70.jpg

Butland

Walker Stones Maguire

Trippier Henderson Dyer Rose

Ali Lingard

Kane

This but Sterling for Alli and Pickford in goal (regardless of shocker on final day).
I'd be tempted to drop Alli/Loftus-Cheek into CM for the games against Tunisia and Panama ahead of Dier.
Can't believe I'm picking Lingard but I think Alli needs more creativity around him to shine and he's not going to get it in this team.

Sterling has to play, been the best English player all season.

For the first game I'd go for:

Pickford
Walker - Stones - Maguire
Trippier - Dier - RLC - Rose
Sterling - Kane - Welbeck​

Could potentially go for Alli ahead of Welbeck, but not sure he fits in a 3-4-3

I am trying to keep the Spurs connection really strong as I think thats where we could make up for the lack of midfield creativity. Sterling has been great this season. I hope he plays well for his country. So often he has failed to appear

Spurs are serial bottlers. We don't need that attitude in the team, we already have one failure as manager.

Sterling has to play, been the best English player all season.

For the first game I'd go for:

Pickford
Walker - Stones - Maguire
Trippier - Dier - RLC - Rose
Sterling - Kane - Welbeck​

Could potentially go for Alli ahead of Welbeck, but not sure he fits in a 3-4-3

Trippier/Rose should be providing the all of the forward width required in the first two games, so you can be using Sterling and Alli/Lingard as inside forwards.

Trippier/Rose should be providing the all of the forward width required in the first two games, so you can be using Sterling and Alli/Lingard as inside forwards.

True, its just I'm not really a Lingard fan and Alli never really seems to perform with England, whereas Welbeck always seems to over-perform.

Mainly I'd just like to see us go out and attack the game and not play some sort of dreadful counter-attacking style against a pretty poor team.

As I said the other day, the "Welbeck is always good for England" statement probably did hold true 3-4 years ago, not now. One goal for England (vs Malta) since May 2015.

He's only played 4 times from 2015 to now. 1 in 4 is still probably better than most of our options.. Haven't checked, but I'd imagine that not all 4 of those games were starts either.

Recall Crouchie if we want an international goals per game man (also scored as many league goals as Welbeck this season, in a far worse team) :)

It was you who brought goals up!!

We could always have Carrol as an 'option' off the bench :)

I wouldn't object to Carroll going as I think he's a good footballer when fit and offers something very different to teams that just want to park the bus and retreat into their own area.

In the modern game it seems as though nobody wants to sling crosses into a big man and I think that's a tactical trick a lot miss. International defenders outside the top ranked countries are pretty shite too.

I wouldn't object to Carroll going as I think he's a good footballer when fit and offers something very different to teams that just want to park the bus and retreat into their own area.

In the modern game it seems as though nobody wants to sling crosses into a big man and I think that's a tactical trick a lot miss. International defenders outside the top ranked countries are pretty shite too.

I'm of the same opinion too. There is an argument somewhere relating to England whereby I'm singing Andy Carroll's praises and Mark is saying that Grant Holt would be a better pick. Probably from 2012 or 2014.

Back