• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

England World Cup Squad

Carroll looked ok at Euro 2012. Belting header against Sweden.

This is a man who injures himself putting his shoes on though.

You've got to be going back two, possibly three years since Delph had any meaningful minutes in midfield. Even longer for Young playing anywhere other than full back, he hasn't been a winger for about five years. I don't think the versatility argument stands up with that pair. This isn't like Dier who fairly regularly switches between centre half and midfield for Spurs.

Not Saying I agree, just putting a different perspective on it.
I would have taken Delph, and left Young in place of Bertrand, but I can understand why both have gone

Ok so where does everyone have us finishing, I have us at the Quarter finals no further

Second round for me, we've had a friendly draw as Tunisia aren't very good and Panama are standard CONCACAF dross. If we had 2014's group then we'd be 100% first round and home.

We are going to get to the final. Nothing is more certain. There is absolutely no hype surrounding this lot, no expectation and its european so why the helll not? I am thinking Denmark 1992, a team greater than the sum of its parts. If only Southgates tactics werent so dull dull dull

Second round could be relatively good for us too, so I'm cautiously going quarters. If we get past that, I might actually watch some...

Denmark had Schmeichel and Brian Laudrup, we don't have two players like that in those positions...

2nd round or quarters at a push but can’t see beyond that because pretty sure we’ll hit Germany or Brazil.
Dean Saunders and Alan Brazil on talkshite yesterday predicting England could lose or draw to Panama, yes it’s possible but not realistic.

I think we'll get to the quarters. We play like Wales up to that point and then capitulate completely to some nomark country in a penalty shootout following a thrilling 0-0. The press then destroy Southgate for 10 minutes until Chelsea appoint a new manager.

Dean Saunders and Alan Brazil on talkshite yesterday predicting England could lose or draw to Panama, yes it’s possible but not realistic.

I presume Saunders will be the manager for that game then

Second round, we've been gifted an easy group. Decent chance at the quarters too if you look at who is in Group H, but I'm not expecting much. We'll probably scrape past Panama and Tunisia.

Without looking at the Group or draw I'd say getting out of the Group would be a decent result, but once taking them into account anything less than quarters would be disappointing.

Saiss and N'Diaye called up for Morocco and Senegal respectively but Ruben sadly left out of Portugal's squad

Seriously? They actually haven’t picked Ruben?

Saiss and N'Diaye called up for Morocco and Senegal respectively but Ruben sadly left out of Portugal's squad
Although I'm disappointed for him, I think that's good news for us. He'll be rested, spend time with his baby and won't have a stormer meaning someone might sign him.

Really surprised by this I don’t agree this is a good thing the only reason I can see him being omitted is because he’s been playing in the 2nd tier.
Soon as he can show what he does in the PL the call ups will come.

Bad luck for Ruben but I think the break will do him good. He's a recent dad, just got engaged and can recover from a demanding season

Then Maradona was surprisingly left out of Argentina's 1978 World Cup squad and he recovered well (footballing wise)

Back