• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ex-Wolf Watch

Sad day, he was one of the good guys.
Tbh thought he went some time ago.

Lost quite a few old managers in the last 20 years or so. Allen, McGarry, Chung, Greaves, Hawkins, Docherty, Chapman and Taylor. I only actually remember Taylor personally.

John Barnwell is still alive even though by rights, he should have left us 40+ years ago.

To be honest... He'd do!

Not with what we expect of our centre halves he wouldn't

I do wonder if it would have been different if he'd scored one or both chances at City. They were both sitters.

Was weird that Nuno only ever paired him with Raul. Never Jota. Surely that was wrong.

The fundamental problem was that he stopped trying and he isn't a very good footballer. I have every sympathy with the difficulties of moving abroad at a young age with limited support (been there, done that) but on the field he just didn't do it. A big let down as initially I thought it was a good signing.

I wanna say that he felt like Milan did him dirty; that he really didn't want to leave. Possible he never recovered from that, a la Foley having his confidence destroyed by that wackadoo Italian ROI manager.

Reactions: b3h
It was as much on us for signing a player who didn't fit our style of play as much as Cutrone. Watch his goals for Milan, most of them are from early crosses where he got across the front man. We barely ever crossed early and he was never the best technically or physically. Strange move in hindsight.

It was as much on us for signing a player who didn't fit our style of play as much as Cutrone. Watch his goals for Milan, most of them are from early crosses where he got across the front man. We barely ever crossed early and he was never the best technically or physically. Strange move in hindsight.
Everything is a bit odd looking back. We were genuinely superb playing 3-5-2 in the second half of 2019/20. So right, we play with two strikers now. But we only really have two proper ones, best get another.

In no time we'd gone back to 3-4-3 and got sucked in by Adama's good three months, so when was he ever going to play.

Trincao played really well tonight and scored in the CL. Their front 3 has ripped Eintracht to pieces.

Ivan Cavalero has left Fulham to go play in the sun in Turkey

I do wonder if it would have been different if he'd scored one or both chances at City. They were both sitters.
Didn't he just fluff one of them straight into the keepers arms? Awful finish.

Didn't he just fluff one of them straight into the keepers arms? Awful finish.
I have it in my mind that he totally missed the target on both. Only one shown here but it's a laughable effort (right near the start).

Yeah, we were shit under Nuno, eh.

Back